New to Carnival -When should I book for 2005?

dock

Planning a European cruise for July 2005 for 2 adults and 2 teens. Have been looking at Carnival and Celebrity. We last cruised 6 years ago. When is the
most opportune time if any to book, now or should I wait for early 2005? It seems early to book a trip when I still have 2 more to take before July, but neither do I want to lose the option of cabins. Considering a Balcony Gty on Liberty ,but I am certainly not getting as cheap a fare as others seem to in fact it seems to be the highest compared to other messages on this board.Any info appreciated. Thanks.

I have been on many cruises and have often found that the earlier in advance you book, often the better deal you may get. I also keep an eye on pricing as time progresses and have in the past been able to get a reduction in fare if the prices drop dramatically. (This may not always be the case, depending on how and where you make your reservations).

Most agencies will adjust your rate if the rates drop later. Do your research. Check the most popular online agencies and find the best price/options now. Make sure you know their rules for upgrades and rate reductions. You may pay a little more through one agency that gives you more flexibility down the road. Sometimes it a choice of the "lesser of two evils". You may decide to go with someone whos a little more so that you can keep your options open and then the price doesn't go down. Then again you could go with the cheaper one with no opinions for upgrades or reductions and the price drops twice and you can't do anything but kick yourself.

I find that there is better chance of a reduction if you have a 2 person cabin then if you have a cabin for 3 or 4. The higher capasity cabins tend to be the most in demand - price is dictated by demand. If you have a need for a 3 or 4 person cabin I feel you get the better pricing the farther out you are.

If you are considering Carnival for Europe I would look at booking now. A lot of those cruises are filling up and my PVP told me that they have already raised the prices once since they started selling the Liberty to Europe.

Also, the price of cruises are going up. Supply and demand have finally caught up with each other due to low amount of new builds coming out. I have been looking at a cruise for May of next year and am having a hard time finding what I want.

I already booked my Liberty cruise (Aug 1). If the price drops they give you your money back and if the price goes up, you're protected. I don't have to make final payment til May and I can get my deposit back till then also. Why would you wait if you already know what you want?

By the way, I am also traveling with three teenagers - girls 13,18,21.

Archived