Bacardi tour in San Juan

Bus tour to the Bacardi area was ok. Once there, they have a pavillion area where you can get free little shots of their products. We got to spend some extra time in this area due to tours being backed up. Enjoyed that!

They also have a gift area where their products are also sold. No 151 is allowed on planes so keep that in mind.

Tour itself was interesting but not remarkable, as I have toured beer brewery and wine operations in the past. However, it had its interesting points.

We toured a couple of other historical areas on the return to the ship. Overall, I enjoyed the tour.

We just went in April. It was nice. Not as good as the Mount Gay tour in Barbados, but it is free at Bacardi. Once you get to Bacardi, you will get tour tickets to board the trolley that will take you around the property. Some pretty cool stuff in the one building they take you to. Each person gets 2 drink tickets for free drinks when you get back. Day we went was pretty quiet, so we did not have to wait at all for the tour. Got on about 10 minutes after we got there.

I think the tours go on all day - probably 9-5. Just take the water taxi over, then go to the taxi stand that is just up the street from the ferry terminal and a cab will take you out there. Can't remember how much we paid, but it wasn't much.

Have fun

We went on this tour several years ago on our first cruise. Personally, I didn't think it was all that great. And I had never toured a distillery or the like before.

The smell of fermenting rum is not all that pleasant - IMHO. To me the only highlight was the 2 free STRONG drinks at the end.

We of course being newbies - paid for it as a ship's excursion. I don't know if they still offer it or not, since I've since learned you can easily do it on your own.

Anyways - if you can not find anything else to do in San Juan, you might consider it, but I really think there are more fun and interesting things to do there!

Enjoy whatever you choose!

Ann

We were there 3 years ago and enjoyed it, but we also enjoy Bacardi Rum. It was interesting to walk through the processing/packaging area, and we got to send a free video message to our kids. We went with a group of people we met on the cruise (not on a ship excursion), so we had fun.

Pam in KY

We also did this tour on our own. All you do is go to pier #2 and take the ferry which is .50 per person, then grab a bus from the ferry to the factory cheep also.

Tour Hours are Mon-Sat 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (last tour at 4:15pm)

Here is a link to their web site

http://www.casabacardi.org

Happy drinking!! I loved their MOJITOS!!!!:D

Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the answer.

We will be there in Feb on the Radiance and were considering doing this tour, now we might do it on our own without the ship expense. THey charge $27.pp for this

I didn't think it was outstanding, but I enjoyed going nonetheless. I would also recommend going on your own. It cost about ten bucks a person. The ferry is one dollar round trip pp to Catana from pier 2 as another person mentioned. Then there are cabs or sometimes bacardi buses that will take you to the facility for like 5 bucks. The tour is free and about an hour. :D

My hubby and I booked this though RC a few years back. The tour was just okay (much preferred touring the guiness factory in Ireland). The Bacardi tour was way too early in the day so we ended up with our free drinks around 10 AM which was a bit early for me!

Archived