Deposits

So hubby and I are back from another wonderful cruise, this time aboard the Explorer of the Seas! We have been dreaming for a while about taking our parents on a cruise, and feel like next year will be the time to do it. MIL has NEVER been out of the country, FIL has always wanted to cruise but never has, and my parents have never cruised on wonderful Royal Caribbean. We're looking at the 8-night Explorer cruise out of Bayonne in May 2008.

So here's my question. We want to book early so that we can pick out the three cabins that we want (we don't want them RIGHT next door to each other :cool: although the same floor would be nice). We've also decided to book all balconies. Now that will come to a big chunk of change for us, so we appreciate the ability to pay it off over the course of a year, and without the interest assessed on our credit card.

So the question is, WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL COST IS THE INITIAL DEPOSIT?

Thanks much, all!

Royal Caribbean has a set amount, not a percentage like, say, Cunard might. Here's the deal:

Cruise Length Deposit Amount Final Payment Due Date

3 to 5 days $100 per person 70 days prior to sailing

6 to 9 days $250 per person 70 days prior to sailing

10+ days $450 per person 70 days prior to sailing

Royal Caribbean has a set amount, not a percentage like, say, Cunard might. Here's the deal:

Cruise Length Deposit Amount Final Payment Due Date

3 to 5 days $100 per person 70 days prior to sailing

6 to 9 days $250 per person 70 days prior to sailing

10+ days $450 per person 70 days prior to sailing

When we booked our 9 night Explorer cruise it was $450pp required deposit.

A~

Thanks for all the info, everybody! These boards are so great and I appreciate how helpful everyone is.

Since we want to pay the deposit with our debit instead of credit card I think that I'm glad that we're going with the 8-night instead of the 9-night! ;)

Again, thanks to all, and maybe we'll see some of you next year on the Explorer! (We'll be the group making a lot of noise in the card room--feel free to join in!-- and ordering multiple entrees in the dining room. But don't worry, we promise not to save any chairs!)

We are looking at a 9-night were told it was $450/pp deposit also.

I'm noticing that the deposit is based on days rather than nights. If logic follows then a 9-nighter would be a 10-dayer, and hence the $450/pp.

Happy sailing!

Archived