show seating

Lowie

can someone please tell me how the show seating works? my dh is legally blind so it would be helpful to him to be able to sit near the front. he still won't see a lot, but sitting in the back would be like sitting in a pitch black room.

can someone please tell me how the show seating works? my dh is legally blind so it would be helpful to him to be able to sit near the front. he still won't see a lot, but sitting in the back would be like sitting in a pitch black room.

Get there early. It's first come, first served seating. You may be able to talk with someone at the lounge for additional help. It would be worth a try anyway.

Lowie,

You just go in and sit wherever you want there is no per say place for you to have to sit.

However when you first arrive in there, there will be people at the door & up on stage that work on the ship. I would simply ask one of them if they could help you get a seat up front. Once you explain the situation I am sure someone will be eager to help you. I also feel strongly that if someone has to move out of a seat they will be more the happy to accommodate you & find another seat. Atleast out of sure respect I pray so.

On thing I can say is get there as early as possible. This will help those that are trying to help you help you better, you know what I mean?

Good luck & enjoy!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

I agree that your best bet is to get there early. Those seats on the main floor always fill up quickly. Some people seem to get there at least an hour before the show starts. (Personally I prefer the seats in the balcony, I think you can see better.)

But yeah, I'd talk to the staff and explain the situation and hopefully they can block off two seats for you as "reserved". I have seen this done before and I would think you should have no problem.

If there are people seated already in the front, I actually don't see other passengers willing to move and accomodating you. It seems that people on a cruise get especially pushy and possessive about things, like deck chairs. Showroom seats is another. Especially if they have been sitting there for close to an hour and you walk in 5 minutes before the show starts. It would take a very nice couple to move for you, because then they are left with only the poor seats.

In high school is was a dancing/drama queen. Get there early and sit up high- usually the upper level somwhere adjacent to the wall where the stage is is good viewing. You can see more, and usually even see inside the wings. Sitting up close in the front row will only get you blocked views.

In high school is was a dancing/drama queen. Get there early and sit up high- usually the upper level somwhere adjacent to the wall where the stage is is good viewing. You can see more, and usually even see inside the wings. Sitting up close in the front row will only get you blocked views.
I agree, for just about all passengers. But OP stated that her husband is legally blind and needs to sit very close to be able to see anything.

Immediately after dinner go to the show room which is usually forward and the dining rooms are usually aft. :o

On the first night make the show room staff aware of your needs....they will make sure that the rest of your cruise is easy.....they'll reserve the seat for you....

I'm hard of hearing and if I don't sit close...I miss the show...I even travel with a hearing service dog...so my requests are always two-fold...up close and a space for my dog. :p

I get there early (right from the dining room), I sit; my dog sits and were good!

I did have a gentlemen approach me, once and ask if he could sit in the seat next to me because he had only partial sight.....luckily, the seat was available and we were all happy!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!! Don't let these things get in the way of your having a super time....relax; ask for help! :)

You will NEVER meet a more congenial or helpful bunch of people than cruise crews!!!!!:D

I would notify staff once you get onboard and see if maybe they will hold two seats for you. I know for a fact that they held a few seats for staff right up front on our last cruise. They did it for every single show.

Archived