Noise under pool deck

babars

Hi, I've booked room 10228 on the Norwegian Sun for an Alaska trip, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether the rooms just beneath the pool deck are noisy due to people walking back and forth. Thanks.

Any noise heard will not be from walkers, but the loud band and the lounges being moved around. Probably not much more than a upstairs or downstairs or neighboring cabin stomping around or playing loud music.

Please don't make mountains out of mole hills.

The pool band can be quite loud if you ever want to take an afternoon nap.

The power washing of the deck at 5 a.m., with attendant screeches from piles of lounge chairs being dragged around, bothered us when we stayed directly under the pool.

We fall back asleep easily--if you don't, you may want to consider moving.

The power washing of the deck at 5 a.m., with attendant screeches from piles of lounge chairs being dragged around, bothered us when we stayed directly under the pool.

Our experience was similar on the Majesty. We were in 912 which is under the pool deck and we heard the chairs being moved every night, or to be precise very early in the morning. I would probably bring ear plugs if we stayed in that vicinity again. :)

Thanks for your input. Has anyone else actually stayed at a room right underneath the pool deck? I'm traveling with an infant who needs to nap/sleep quietly, and I would like to know if I should change my room based on loud noise which may wake her up.

thanks!

We were under the pool deck and found it quite noisy for all the reasons stated. It didn't ruin our vacation, but I'll definitely be more selective next time. If you have an infant who is sensitive to noise, you may want to consider relocating.

On the Pearl in Feb we were right under the pool deck, didn't ever hear a sound, except one night they had a pool party and we went back to our cabin and went out on the balcony and if I really strained I could hear the music and only because I knew there was a band playing and I was trying to see if I could hear it.. Never heard anything during the day, even when sitting on the balcony.

Archived