Mattress reviews, anyone?

O2B@C

I would be very interested to hear reports on Azamara's mattresses from anyone who has slept on them. Many aspects of this line sound just perfect for me and DH, but he needs a really good quality bed because of back problems. (Don't really care about linens or pillows, just the mattress.) If you can compare Azamara's mattresses specifically to any of the ones listed below, so much the better! Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Comparisons: Tempurpedic (Swedish brand memory foam); Westin (Heavenly Bed); HAL (signature of excellence "mariner's dream" bed)

Sorry if it's rude to bump my own thread, but I've gotten no responses, and it's gone so far down I was afraid no one would notice it. I know mattresses may not be the most important thing for most people, but for us they are a make-or-break issue. I'm asking for information on behalf of someone with a disability. Would someone please be kind enough to post a response? Thank you.

Hi

Sorry not to have responded sooner. I was too busy complaining about this cruise. The one thing I have to say was that the mattress in our room ( a suite) was new and very comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. Gave a lot of pillows. Comforter was comfy. But who knows what the mattress will be like in your room. This ship is very disorganized so I can only speak for my room. Also, if you are traveling with someone in a wheelchair, a warning. The elevators and corridors are very, very small. Compared to other ships, they are tiny. Just be prepared. Anything else I can help you with let me know.

Thanks SO much for the response, icecreammama. Sounds like the mattress at least was more comfortable than the one I had on Mercury in 2005. It was OK for me - I can sleep on almost anything - but would not have been possible for DH, so he could not join me on that trip.

Actually we would not be planning to cruise on Azamara at least until sometime in 2008, and hopefully they will have ironed out the kinks by then!

Thanks also for the heads-up about wheelchair access. Actually, DH is perfectly mobile, just has to be careful about what he sleeps and sits on, so narrow corridors are fine.

Hi

Sorry not to have responded sooner. I was too busy complaining about this cruise. The one thing I have to say was that the mattress in our room ( a suite) was new and very comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. Gave a lot of pillows. Comforter was comfy. But who knows what the mattress will be like in your room. This ship is very disorganized so I can only speak for my room. Also, if you are traveling with someone in a wheelchair, a warning. The elevators and corridors are very, very small. Compared to other ships, they are tiny. Just be prepared. Anything else I can help you with let me know.

Regarding your comment on the elevators being small for disabled, can you (or anyone) comment on rhe accessibility of the port at the ship (not Bermuda, itslf - just ship to dock?) I know you left early on...

just back from the 5/12 sailing and can say I found the mattresses to be very comfortable; firm, but not rock hard. More than enough room for my wife and I and even though the bed was made from two separate mattresses put together to form one, no indication of a gap in the middle. As a plus the linens were first rate with a big soft down comforter and plenty of extra pillows. No complaints in the sleeping department at all.

Archived