Is the Seine River tour worthwhile in Paris?

In mid-April I was on the Jewel transatlantic with a stop in Le Havre. I did the Normandy tour - because I have been to Paris 4 times - but I have done the Seine cruise on one of my previous visits to Paris, and I think it is a great way to see the city. The bridges are beautiful. A couple we had dinner with did the Seine tour and they really enjoyed it (theirs also included a fantastic lunch). The people who did Paris on their Own were a little tired, and really did not get to see THAT much as they were dropped off all the way at the Eiffel Tower and not in the city center (i.e. Place de la Concorde). I say if you want to see Paris - do the Seine, but if you are thinking of something else, the D-Day Beaches tour was great.

We are sailing on HAL in June and one of the shore excursions includes a Seine River tour. Is this worthwhile or should we just do Paris highlights and forget the Seine?

The trip on the Seine is the highlight of Paris. It is a must, even if they did play the theme to Titanic when we last were there.

Happy Cruising

Dai

Yes, yes, yes, the Seine River cruise is great. It's wonderful at night, but I'm assuming that you'll be there during the day on a port stop. The Baton M (I can't spell it) boats leave from the foot of the Eiffel Tower. But I have to say that I recommend going independent to see the most in the time you have alloted if that is an option in any way for you.

Have a great trip,

Donna

and others are fun, and the very best at sunset, if possible. Make sure you take some wine, (have it opened and dont forget cups) and cheese with you, (you can buy some at shops very nearby), and enjoy the river cruise the way it should be enjoyed :)

Archived