Is Dawn being replaced?

LuvTheSea14

I was thinking of booking a cruise on the Dawn for Summer 2008. Someone told me they might replace the dawn itinerary with another ship. Does anyone know if this is true? If so any idea which ship?

They are in fact replacing the Dawn but only for the winter of 2008. As it stands now the Dawn and Spirit return to NYC for summer 2008.

I thought I read that Both The Crown & Dawn were sold?:confused:

The Crown and Wind leave NCL's fleet this year. The Wind is already in Asia, and will start sailing for Star Cruises by next month. The Crown has been sold to Fred Olsen, NCL is leasing her now. Early next year the Crown will be sailing as the Balmoral, after Fred Olsen stretches it.

The Marco Polo, Dream, and Majesty have already been sold to Star Cruises. NCL is leasing them from the parent company. All three of these ships are scheduled to leave the NCL fleet by 2010. At the present time, the Dream looks to be the first of these three to go.

The Dawn is owned by NCL, it has not been sold.

The Sea was transferred to Star Cruises two years ago. Recently the Wind was transferred to Star Cruises. After this summer's season the Crown will be sold to Fred Olsen Lines. While I am not certain the Dream may leave the fleet in October 2008, leaving the Majesty to be either sold or transferred in 2009. As part of the payment of the Spirit to NCL back in 2004, the older ships of NCL will be either sold to another line or transferred to Star Cruises by 2010.

At that time NCL will have the newest fleet of ships, all with hull art. The oldest ship would be the Spirit, built in 1998, with the Pride of Aloha, Sun, Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pride of America, Jade, Pearl, and Gem in order of age. At the end of 2009 the first of the new F3 class will enter the fleet, the second in mid 2010, and the third in earlt 2011. NCL will be reduced to ten ships, and will grow to 13 ships, alll Freestyle by early 2011.

Archived