We Want Some Adventure!!!

CruisingJBM

Hi We will be in Cozumel the last week in July and want to do something fun. It is the last stop on our cruise, and I think that we will be tired of sitting around the beach, so we want some adventure. I have looked on the princess site, and they have the tours for the Cozumel by 4WD sight seeing and snorkel, and the Cozumel by ATV. Just wondering if anyone has done these, or if they can reccomend some other ones. We would like to see some of the ruins, but not spend a lot of time in town.

I generally recommend avoiding the ship's excursions, especially on Cozumel. It is very easy to make your own arrangements and there are several websites that offer tours if you want the ease of a pre-arranged tour.

From Travelnotes.cc I'd go with the Discover Scuba dive if you want an adventure. Second choice would be either the dune buggy or jeep tour.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com also offers lots of tours.

I've used both of these sites and was quite satisfied with their service.

You should know, just like the ship's excursions, these websites don't provide the actual tour, they are just booking agents for the actual tour provider. In the end you can probably do some of the same excursions the ship offers, but in a smaller group and often for less money.

We rented a jeep and made our own adventure, circling the island, stopping at several beach front properties, lunching at Coconuts on the wild side and stopping for snorkling at the end of the day at Dzul Ha. Pretty amazing day for less than taxi fare to one beach. We had a reserved jeep waiting for us, but jeep rentals are easily available on the pier for $50/day plus gas and insurance.

We rented a jeep and made our own adventure, circling the island, stopping at several beach front properties, lunching at Coconuts on the wild side and stopping for snorkling at the end of the day at Dzul Ha. Pretty amazing day for less than taxi fare to one beach. We had a reserved jeep waiting for us, but jeep rentals are easily available on the pier for $50/day plus gas and insurance.
This is a good choice, but I personally prefer a car over a jeep. If you think this sounds fun, definitely get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com

Archived