Christmas / New Year Cruising

I am considering a Christmas / New Year holiday cruise aboard the Radiance in 2008 when she sails the South American itineries.

Can any one tell me what RCI do aboard ship during this period, is the ship decorated and are there parties aboard. How do they celebrate Christmas eve / day and New years eve.

Your help would be very appriciated and help me make my mind up.:)

I am considering a Christmas / New Year holiday cruise aboard the Radiance in 2008 when she sails the South American itineries.

Can any one tell me what RCI do aboard ship during this period, is the ship decorated and are there parties aboard. How do they celebrate Christmas eve / day and New years eve.

I've heard reports that Christmas decorations are up through New Years, but I haven't personally been.

We were on the Radiance last Christmas. The ship was totally decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful. Our Christmas dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. We sort of missed the first two days of the cruise, so I can't tell you about Christmas Eve. I was told that Santa was there Christmas morning. There was also Christmas music throughout the ship.

The last day of our cruise was Dec 31, so I don't know what they did for New Year's Eve.

It was our first cruise and we were so awed by it, we're going on another Christmas cruise this year on the Mariner. Our teens wanted more teens to hang out with, so we're trying the bigger ship.

Enjoy

I haven't been on a cruise during Christmas, but I have been on New Year's cruises the past three years. The ships were still decorated during the New Year's cruises. On New Year's Eve there were party hats and noise makers on the tables as dinner and there were parties in each of the lounges as well as one on the pool deck.

Archived