Jurys Inn Southampton, England

cb747

Hi,

I've been having difficulty finding a hotel in Southampton, has anyone stayed in the Jurys Inn? Is it Air conditioned in the rooms or just the common space? Any reviews would be helpful.

I have stayed in many hotels throughout the UK and found that A/C depends on time of year. Just because the rooms have it, doesn't mean you are going to get it. That said, Jurys is a good chain of usually *** hotels.

Pia

Its very very rare indeed that you would even need A/C in the UK

We seldom get the kind of humid weather that needs it and unlike the USA we dont all like to freeze in Restuarants etc sitting under the cold blasts of air from A/C not to mention the sheer cost of the Electricity to run A/C

I've stayed twice at Jury's Inn Southampton, it is good value for money and they have a fixed room rate which means you don't get ripped off. Staff were pleasant and it is fairly new and rooms are very comfortable. They call themselves Eco-friendly so do have the key card slots for power etc, we stayed both times last spring/summer and rooms were nice and cool. It is also close enough to town to take a walk around. The bar is nice and open plan with big screen TV and some small tables outside in a courtyard, the Restaurant Menu is small but food was nice and they let us eat off the Bar menu in the Restaurant. Downside is that it is in the middle of a traffic island (!) so no nice views but it is not noisy. Couple of words of advice, room sizes vary greatly and the ones near the lifts do suffer from noise, ask reception for a good room :D . Would definitely recommend.

I'm certain my room at the Jurys Inn Heathrow had A/C because I checked on on August 8th and it was warm in Britain. The room was very comfortable for one night, as I recall our rate included a full buffet breakfast that was good.

Archived