Best Excursion for Kids

steel123

Does anyone have any suggestion? We have a 10 and a 12 year old boy. We're thinking of possibly going to Little Divi. I need to be careful about the clothing-optional beaches, too. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!:)

St Maarten has one excursion that has only recently been duplicated on St Thomas--the America's Cup race. There were a couple young people on our boat a few years ago. Everyone gets to play a position on the boat...it can be a lot of work but it is also a great deal of fun. The race in St Maarten is between boats that actually competed in the Americas Cup; in St Thomas it is a similar competition but a different racing competition.

Twaincruisers;

Great excursion, but for the kids, note the following from the 12 Metre website:

The minimum age is twelve years old: however, there are some young people, typically in a sailing family who have considerable sailing experience; are well aware of the potential hazards of sailing and have been trained to perform accordingly. In these cases, if the young person is accompanied by their parent, we will be pleased to accept young people to a minimum age of seven.

gary

Thanks for the replies! I wasn't sure about the regatta because of the age limits. I checked out the website. It sounds fun, though we aren't experienced boaters, so I'm not sure if we can participate. Our boys will be 11 & 13 later this year, but they aren't very big for their ages. Does anyone that has done this before think this would be too hard for the kids? Our kids are active, so I think they would enjoy this.:)

Archived