To My Fellow Scotsmen!!!

taxdragon

I just got back from a 3 Day to Nassau. I took my kilt with me for formal night, but I decided to wear it on the island be for dinner. Two local women started talking to me because I was wearing a kilt and decided to take me on a tour of their island. We had a great time and ended up at there local pub. Every Celt in the place bought me at least one shot each and wanted to throw darts with me all night. I had the time of my life! So, don't forget to wear you kilts when your out and about ...... it could pay off!

745524048_NassauKilt.jpg.9293fa2df48ae051272c1e14f4ddacaf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I'm a genuine Scot from Scotland and it amazes me the reaction kilts get abroad. Living here I have to say they do nothing for me! IF I had to choose then I'd go for a guy wearing his kilt with a rugby or football (soccer) shirt and a pair of Timberland boots. My dad takes his full kilt outfit when he cruises and bang goes the baggage allowance at the airport. As for trying to get through security with a sgian dhub, I had to buy him a "fake" one as RCCL nearly had a fit when they scanned his suitcase last time!!!!! I'm so pleased you all seem to love our national dress so much - it certainly puts our little country on the map.

Lisa

• 5 weeks later...
If any out there are considering wearing your kilts for the formal night do not wait!

We wore our formal kilts and had the best time. We met so many new friends. Most either told us how good we looked or asked about what was under the kilt!:eek: Most of the time I responded with a saying I heard sometime ago:

"It's a kilt, if I wore anything under it it would be a skirt".

If a kilt can make me look good it can make anyone look good.

I am an American of Scottish descent and I am now shopping for additional wear for longer cruises.

I will post some pics if anyone is interested.....

Al

Personally, the funniest response I've ever heard before to the 'what do you wear under yer kilt' is [if said to a man] "Yer wife's lipstick..."

Archived