San Juan, PR travel to Rain Forest

wwleader

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, I am new here.. and I speak french, so forgive me for my english..

OK, We are cruising with royal caribbean in april 2008 and one of our port of calls is San Juan, Puerto Rico.

We are thinking about renting a car (a jeep with soft top to be exact, at least 4-5 passengers (we are 12) or a van maybe?) and go to El Yunque Rainforest (and maybe visit here and there after that.. nothing is planned yet)

Is it easy to find a car rental place near the pier? (I don't know which pier, it's the royal caribbean liberty of the seas boat, do you know??)

Do you have any suggestion of a good rental place? Can we walk to get there?

thanks for your help

Nancy

p.s: wwleader and edmontongirlz, did you go to the RF? how did it go? give me all the details.. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hmm.. I have been reading and reading and I saw that the el yunque rainforest

The forest is open daily from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM

But our ship is docked from 3pm to 10pm.. uh ohhh..

so do we even have time to go and rent our car, drive 45 minutes and more to the forest, hike and swim under the waterfalls, and leave before 6pm?

but after a little depression of my part when thinking I won't be able to go at all, I saw that there is horse back riding at night in the rainforest.. hmmmm, so is it open after 6pm?

Or maybe this means we can't enter after 6pm but we can leave after? Please help me!

thanks

Nancy

If you rent a car will there be any tour guides at the forest? Also, is it difficult to drive, don't speak or read Spanish? We fly in on Friday PM and depart on AOS Sunday. I'm thinking to rent a car at the airport, and have it for all day Saturday.

Another question is are the stores in Old San Juan open on Sunday, or would it be better to go on Saturday? So many ?'s, I will be traveling with my DH, and kids 14 & 15.

My wife & I have used Victor and Tony on separate trips. They are from Countryside tours.

Countryside Tours [countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com]

LeoNides1501@hotmail.com (Tony)

Both are excellent and very informative. I would highly recommend either. You can customize your tour with them and they will pick you up at your hotel.

Archived