mad

Sorry but it happens. We've made it to Coco Cay BOTH times we were scheduled to go...BUT we couldn't make it to Disney's Private Island (Castaway Cay) when we were on Magic and we BARELY made it on NCL's private Island.

So it's not limited to RCCL. All cruiselines put safety first. So you should be happy that you weren't in the water in a little tender boat if the seas were rough.

since the ship is our favorite part of the cruise.........missing an island or 2 would not bother us at all- we missed grand caymen at t'giving - being on a tender in giant waves and winds does not sound like fun at all anyway-

just another reason to book another cruise if your heart is set on seeing a certain missed port- ( like we need another reason to cruise...lol )

have a great next cruise- hope you get to the place you want to see-

To the OP, I certainly understand you being disappointed. My family will be going on our first cruise in June. I certainly will be extremely disappointed if we don't get to make all of our scheduled stops. We have read so much about each of the ports and have gotten ourselves excited to explore.

I think some that have responded have been a little harsh - perhaps it is because you specifically used the word "mad".

I do believe that some people, especially those who don't get to travel often, would be angry and perhaps feel a little "jipped" if everything wasn't exactly as they had "signed up for". Unfortunately, when you are dealing with mother nature, there are no guarantees.

I hope you won't be to jaded to try again. ;)

Archived