***internet costs??***

tonygold

hi all

sailing on oceana on june 3rd this year. never been on p&o before and was wondering if i took my wireless laptop with me how easy it was to use on board and the relevant costs as opposed to just using the ship computers in the cyber lounge?

any advice / info will be gladly received.

many thanks

Hi there, when I went in '05, I used their internet room. Prices were horrendus but I can't really remember what they were, something like $2 a minute. But worth it if you want to contact home once in awhile. Not for surfing the internet or playing games though!!

Tony,

Went on Oceana last year. Not really geared up re wireless internet outside of internet room- unlike Princess where you can use in several lobby areas. So I used internet room on board - ok for a quick check on messages but not value for money- have to buy blocks of time.You can use your own pc if you prefer, they will sort connection for you - same charges.

Not sure what to do this year - probably use internet cafe ashore as cheaper and use on board when have to.

Don't think it's worth the hassle of lugging laptop on board- maybe ok if you have blackberry or similar.

Be interested to hear your feedback.

Not sure if you can get internet access ashore free as you can in a few hotels/places in UK - would be worth knowing about if anyone knows - or is it more effective to access emails through vodaphone or similar?

Regards,

Tony,

Went on Oceana last year. Not really geared up re wireless internet outside of internet room- unlike Princess where you can use in several lobby areas. So I used internet room on board - ok for a quick check on messages but not value for money- have to buy blocks of time.You can use your own pc if you prefer, they will sort connection for you - same charges.

Not sure what to do this year - probably use internet cafe ashore as cheaper and use on board when have to.

Don't think it's worth the hassle of lugging laptop on board- maybe ok if you have blackberry or similar.

Be interested to hear your feedback.

Not sure if you can get internet access ashore free as you can in a few hotels/places in UK - would be worth knowing about if anyone knows - or is it more effective to access emails through vodaphone or similar?

Regards,

thanks for reply m62man,

you make a good point. may be better off using cafe in port of call (europe) so must be plenty around. ship is quoting best rate if you buy 100 mins for £16.00 (0.16 per min). if you use their computers its £15 an hour - not cheap!!!!!!!!

regards

tony.

Archived