Catalina Island

auburn6

I read on CC news that as of Today Paradise will go there on Tuesday if there is no further threat. My husband went fishing off Catalina yesterday and said the smoke was very bad :(

I sighed a breath of relief when I read yesterday that Avalon was spared and that the fire was making its way AWAY from the town. Avalon is such a pretty little town, anyone going there, make sure you rent a golf cart, I think they are like $60 for an hour or so, and give yourself a tour of this picturesque port-of-call. :)

Happy cruising everyone :)

My DD who lives in Malibu was on Catalina when the fire started. Very scary, she said. They were evacuated from the hotel and put on boats to get the h--- outta there. From what I understand now, Avalon wasn't damaged except for the heavy smoke.

About the golf carts, last time I was there, about a year ago, the carts rented for $45/hour. WELL worth it to be able to get around the island.:)

We went up into the hills, around the golf course, everywhere we wanted to go. On other trips, I've been on a private boat that docked at the other side of the island....so no, the carts can't go there. I thought that was understood - from anyone who's actually been to Catalina.;)

I heard on the news this a.m. they were opening Avalon to tourists starting today, but they could not leave the town area right now, so no touring around the hills and golf course, etc, until further notice.

Archived