Fishing in ports

Sassy1234

Has anyone ever taken your own fishing pole on board and gone fishing on your own at the ports? That's what my husband wants to do in Grand Caymon, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Any suggestions on this? I'd like a beach with chairs close by for me while he's fishing. We are planning on the reef bottom fishing excusion in Belize. Can you tell my husband is addicted to fishing??

I did the same thing on our recent Mexican Riviera criuse. I took one of those collapsible outfits. I was unable to fish from any of the docks as Security wouldn't allow it. I did get to fish from the beach in Puerto Vallarta. Hooked a nice one too but it broke my line shortly after. You don't need a license if you fish from the shore. I ordered shrimp cocktail without cocktail sauce from room service the night before, put it in a zip lock bag in the fridge and carried it off in my pocket the next day. Cheap bait! Bon Voyage!

We observed a passenger in Costa Maya take out his pole and cast a three times off of the pier. Security stopped him before his fourth cast.

I have seen several fishing packages offered in various ports, but I doubt you'll be able to fish on the same beach where people(tourists) are swimming........

Archived