key west

flaca

There are lots of nice places to stay in Key West and most of them are pretty charming. You can't go wrong with Simonton Court and I highly recommend it. Enclosed courtyard, swimming pools, great staff, and it's within walking distance of everything. Check out their website for detailed descriptions of the rooms; our favorite is 'Orange Blossom' because of the deck.

Have been there a few times. Loved it. Ride the conch train. It will give you a good overall tour of the place and save your feet a lot of walking. Check out the keylime store. They had keylime everything. i.e. candy, tea, etc. We toured the Mel Fisher Maritime museum - lots of things in there that were found on a sunken ship. There's even a gold bar that you can touch.

Also we did a catamaran race. They were small 5 person catamarans. We had a captain that gave us our instructions. Nothing too hard, just enjoyable.

Next time I'd like to see the tour that includes President Truman's house.

Have fun on your trip!

I took my 6 and 8 year olds on the walking tour. We walked by the "little white house" Truman's summer home. Then we spent about an hour at the Hemingway house. There are over 40 cats that live on the property. This was the highlight of the tour. The tour ends at a local bar (that offers a discount to folks on the tour). Obviously, I did not take my kids there, but next door is an ice cream shop that also gives a discount to people from the tour. We sat outside the ice cream shop and enjoyed chocolate ice cream and chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick. It was only a couple of blocks back to the ship.:cool:

Archived