Balcony Cabin Question

michigandollie

I have booked a mini suite on the Crown Princess Dolphin Deck. Is it really that big a deal to get a covered balcony vs an open balcony. Any feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I apologize ahead of time if this is a repeat thread. I tried posting earlier and it doesn't look like it went through.

Welcome michigandollie,

The covered minis are on the Emerald Deck. The Dolphin minis are all uncovered but there are some covered aft balconies on Dolphin. Or you coldus look at the Caribe balconies, they are 1/2 covered 1/2 uncovered.

Have fun deciding!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

We've had two mini-suites on the Dolphin Deck (Caribbean Princess). Yes, they are uncovered but I do not find much of a drawback unless it rains. I never felt as if anyone was looking down upon us and you do have a nice clear view of the ocean! It's great for sunbathing too!

We had a mini-suite on the Golden Princess when we cruised the British Isles, but chose one on the Emerald Deck as they are covered. The rationale for that is that we anticipated rain throughout the sailing. Otherwise, I would have been very happy with the mini's on the Dolphin Deck.

Happy sailing!

Archived