Poipu Beach from pier?

me4me

It is between 5-10 miles from the pier to Poipu Beach. We had rented a car, so we had no problem doing a helicopter tour, lunch back on the ship, and Poipu Beach in the afternoon. Keep in mind, the car neded to be turned in by 4pm, that is the last shuttle to the pier.

No public transprotation that I know of in Kauai

What rental agency did you use?

We are using BUDGET and the agent informed me they were open till 9:00pm, but she could not confirm what time the last Budget shuttle went back to the pier???

If you are talking about Nawiliwili, I think it is more like 15+ miles by road to Poipu. There is a bus system (called something like "Kauai Bus"), but I don't know the schedule or anything. Yes, Poipu Beach park has excellent facilities. It is a great beach park for the whole family. It is especially good if you have small children because one section is shallow and very protected. It's a terrific beach for either activities or just plain relaxing.

Aloha,

beachchick

Not sure about the cost of a taxi. Poipu Beach is a state Park, with some facilities there. Now the Poipu Area (which is really several beaches) has a Sheraton at one end, an Embassy Suites in the middle, and a Hyatt at the other end. Plus several Condo developments and more. You can walk from the Sheraton to the Hyatt right along the shoreline, some spots right on the water others on cliffs above the water.

How much would a taxi cost from the pier to POIPU BEACH? Is there a bus? Does the beach have facilities?

WV, you really know Hawaii. We were there for our Honeymoon in 1975. We stayed at the Kahala Hilton, the Kauai Sheraton, and the Kona Hilton. I remember some, but not everything. I really have no idea what we will do in each port. We were there for 2 weeks the last time and did a lot of sight-seeing. This trip, I think I would like to spend some beach time on each island. What beaches would you recommend for "boat people"??? We need something clean with facilities, chaises and shade.

Thanks for your input!

We have rented a car in Kauai and plan on going to Poipu Beach area. Nawawilli is not on our map so are unsure of its location. I believe the shuttle from ship takes you to Lihue Airport and then we will go to beach and maybe do a sight seeing drive. Anyone got ideas for sightseeing with vehicle in Kauai?

Hi Babylene, which cruise are you taking? What dates?

We used Thrifty on all islands except for Kona, where we used Budget.

Both comapnies end shuttle service to the pier at 4pm, so get back before then, or be prepared for an expensive cab ride on Maui or Kona, or a 1/2 hour walk on Kauai

Archived