Karaoke on the Sensation

jdhw

Yes, you will have karaoke on the Sensation. ...usually every day and usually at night, but sometimes they throw an afternoon session in there. Look at your daily Capers for the time and location.

Also you are allowed to bring your own CDGS if you have them. I have my 40 favorites on 2 custom cdgs since I am very pitch dependent and "sometimes" (like on the Fantasy~who still did not have the pitch control issue resolved in March) the key selector does not work. By having my songs already in the key I need them in, I don't have to worry about it!!

The karaoke hosts have always been extremely careful with my cdgs since some of the custom ones I had done (before I bought the software to do it myself) costs about $50.00 each.

Have a great cruise and a wonderful time at karaoke!!

Is there a Karaoke bar on the Sensation? We leave Sunday and was looking but can't find anything.

Joe

Karaoke was every night all the way at the rear of the Promenade Deck, called the Plaza lounge. (through the Polo (sports/smoking) Lounge.

They also had an afternoon session on the sea day in the middle of the Promenade Deck. (in the common area/walkway)

I read on another thread that the Karaoke host, Sonya was promoted to the Legend in the last few weeks.

So hopefully you get a new host that is pretty good. (she was great)

Bill

Hey, how cool is this. I just got online to see what was new and found you are asking about Karaoke on the Sensation. Well, you'll be happy to know that there is for sure and guess what??? The Karaoke Host is my daughter Allison. She says that everyone tells her she is doing a great job so you should have a great time. She told me she got a $200 tip one night so everyone there must love her. She has been doing it for only a month now. I am very proud of her since she is only 18. My husband who is a fly-on comedian on the Conquest recommended her to the entertainment department. She is a beautiful girl and likes to entertain people and make them laugh. I'm anxious to see if you reply to this since I'd like to tell you more. Looking forward to your reply.

Hey, how cool is this. I just got online to see what was new and found you are asking about Karaoke on the Sensation. Well, you'll be happy to know that there is for sure and guess what??? The Karaoke Host is my daughter Allison. She says that everyone tells her she is doing a great job so you should have a great time. She told me she got a $200 tip one night so everyone there must love her. She has been doing it for only a month now. I am very proud of her since she is only 18. My husband who is a fly-on comedian on the Conquest recommended her to the entertainment department. She is a beautiful girl and likes to entertain people and make them laugh. I'm anxious to see if you reply to this since I'd like to tell you more. Looking forward to your reply.

We hope Ms. Allison has a wonderful experience. She will certainly get an education on people. In all our years of cruising, we have only had one karaoke host that wasn't up to par, but that was because she wasn't a true "karaoke host"....she was a social host that was filling in until the new person got there...and it really showed. Several times we have had social hosts fill it and it has not been a problem...afterall....they are on the same level on the "ladder". But she really "resented" it for some reason.

May her seas be smooth and her karaoke singers even smoother!!!

We hope Ms. Allison has a wonderful experience. She will certainly get an education on people. In all our years of cruising, we have only had one karaoke host that wasn't up to par, but that was because she wasn't a true "karaoke host"....she was a social host that was filling in until the new person got there...and it really showed. Several times we have had social hosts fill it and it has not been a problem...afterall....they are on the same level on the "ladder". But she really "resented" it for some reason.

May her seas be smooth and her karaoke singers even smoother!!!

Thanks so much for wishing her well! She will certainly get experience on working with people from all over the world. She said there are only 10 American's onboard. On your other comment... actually the Karaoke Host is one step down from Social Host. Allison is hoping some day she'll be promoted so Social Host. So, maybe that is why the social host you are talking about "resented" doing Karaoke.

Thanks again.

We're On That Cruise Also.....do You Guys Do Karaoke?

Only in the privacy of my own home. :) If you are going on the Sensation and do go to the Karaoke Lounge, be sure to tell Allison "Hello" from her mom.

Look forward to meeting her. We have a group of 45 on the May 20th cruise on the Sensation. Will tell Allison I talked to her MOm.

Joe

Hey Joe,

That would be great if you stop in and talk to Allison. I think she is a bit home sick so talking to someone who says "I talked to your mom" will probably make her day! Be sure to have her sing something for you guys too. Not sure if they have this song on Karaoke or not, but Allison can do "Fergalicious" pretty well. Let me know when you get back how she does. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, you will have karaoke on the Sensation. ......I am very pitch dependent and "sometimes" (like on the Fantasy~who still did not have the pitch control issue resolved in March) the key selector does not work. By having my songs already in the key I need them in, I don't have to worry about it!!:D

!!

Uh...yeah. And most people do the karaoke thing to have FUN, too, so don't worry that many others will be worried about "pitch control issues". Plus, most of the people in the audience will have had a little "liquid refreshment" in 'em, and I've learned that the more ya drink, the better ya sound!

Uh...yeah. And most people do the karaoke thing to have FUN, too, so don't worry that many others will be worried about "pitch control issues". Plus, most of the people in the audience will have had a little "liquid refreshment" in 'em, and I've learned that the more ya drink, the better ya sound![/COLOR]

That is definately a true statement!! I used to sing with a band (back when Moby Dick was a tadpole) so I worry about things like pitch and tone. Karaoke is a wonderful way for us old folks to still get to do what we love!!!

Actually the most fun is helping someone else discover the joy of singing. Many times I have found people who think they "can't sing" actually are just trying to do the song in a key that is not right for them. I will never forget one lady on the Pride. She wanted to do karaoke soooo badly. She talked to me for 2 nights, before she confessed that she had a song she really wanted to sing but did not have the nerve. It took about 5 minutes to get it pitched right for her and she did a good job! She was sooo excited. She could not wait to get home and sing it for her family. Now THAT is what makes karaoke fun for me!!

Archived