Waitlisted for 2nd Dining March 2008?

Suesancy

We booked Sea Princess for February2008 last September - and as always asked for 2nd Sitting Dining. No problem at all. Unfortunately for a variety of reasons about a month ago we decided to postpone the cruise by two weeks and so are now sailing in March 2008. When we said we wanted the same - 2nd Sitting Dining - we were told we were waitlisted:eek:. I cannot believe that a cruise 10 months away is full for 2nd Sitting...is this normal - can anyone give us any hope that we will get our preference? They didn't mention how many others were waitlisted when I queried it..they just said it was normal. Any comments/ advice would be much appreciated.

Happy sailing,

You can check on your booking summary on the Princess Web site what number you are waitlisted for.

We were waitlisted for 2nd seating for a cruise we took Dec. 28/05. We were #155 at the beginning of November and I kept checking and watched our number go down and eventually our booking summary said confirmed. I wouldn't worry about it this far out.

You can check on your booking summary on the Princess Web site what number you are waitlisted for.

We were waitlisted for 2nd seating for a cruise we took Dec. 28/05. We were #155 at the beginning of November and I kept checking and watched our number go down and eventually our booking summary said confirmed. I wouldn't worry about it this far out.

I find that kind of interesting. When we first started cruising more than 20 years ago, it was almost impossible to get 2nd seating, unless you booked early. Lately, the last 2 years or so, it seemed that had changed, and early seating was more heavily booked. Perhaps it is swinging the other way again. Does Sea Princess have anytime dining? Maybe that has something to do with it.

I have just checked on the Princess website on our booking and it says "Your Dining Status will be confirmed on board". Is that usual? I don't know why I am panicking really - as there's nothing I can do about this one...but I am curious to know if this is a change of policy - or whether it is normal? Many thanks everyone,

Happy sailing

Archived