Question about the suites on the Wind.

cruisewithus

Ok, first off I will be staying in an owner's suite on the wind.

1. Someone said that my bar comes with 6 bottles of liqour. Is this true? And do I have to pay some outrageous amount for them, or are they included with the room? The same thing also for the bottled water and sodas in the fridge!

2. Do the front of the TV's have audio/video jacks? Because I would love to bring my PS2.

3. How current are the CD/ DVD lists?

4. How do the VIP tendering tickets work? Do I get to go straight to the front of the line?

5. Do I get priority seating when I dine?

If anyone could answer thes for me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

We have been on the NCL Wind three times in an OS. I must say it has been almost a year since our last trip so some things may have changed. Maybe someone on a more recent cruise can confirm.

We were greeted by the butler with a glass of champagne and waiting in the cabin was a chilled bottle of champagne.

We could choose three full size bottles of alcohol from a list provided. Ships that have Garden Villas get six.The butler bought them later the first night or the next morning . Two bottles of water each day and six sodas. Limes, olives, cherries etc for mixing drinks.

I have looked through our photos but I can't tell and don't remember what jacks are on the TV.

There was a lot of CD's to chose from some current. Call the concierge and he or the butler will deliver them.

Tendering tickets- on one trip they were placed in the cabin the night before. On another trip the concierge came to the cabin and asked if we (and any one we were traveling with ) needed them. This allowed you to be on the first tender if you wanted or go down at your own pace. It did not mean that you could go down to the tenders, way your ticket and jump to the head of the line.

The same applies to dinner. You don't go to the head of the line if there is one. You can make a reservation for a specific time or table. You can call down and put your name on a waiting list if it is crowded . We never had a problem getting our favorite table .

The crew was very friendly and helpful and we had a wonderful time.

Enjoy your cruise.

cruisewithus

I just read this on another thread-

quote "Yesterday in Ketchikan we tendered and the VIP passes come in very handy. Going there was no wait.. but coming back there was a huge lineup down the pier and I took my parents to the crewman at the front of the line, he stopped the line and let us board then continued behind us. "

Not sure what the VIP passes are. The tender tickets we had were collected when we left the ship. We will be on the Star in an OS on Aug. 22 and I'll be sure to ask. Maybe you can jump to the head of the line if you are in a suite.

It was awhile (2001) since I did the owners suite on the

wind as well. I agree with all of the replies.

There are two tv's in your suite. The one in the living room

had front jacks (which I used) to connect up audio and

video. The TV in the bedroom did not. It was small and mounted I on the wall so it would not be pratical for and

hookups.

HLP

We're on the June 22 sailing. I debated booking for so long, I think we got the last OS. Now that it is booked, I am a lot less anxious. This will be our first time to Hawaii, first on NCL, first in a suite, first 10 night cruise. I really am excited. Think I'll go add this trip to my signature.

• 7 months later...

NTL46: we backed out of the OS (DH was too cheap)>> We rebooked in 2 connecting Cat fs on Deck 4. I received an email from someone who was in an OS who answered several of my questions. According to them, the TV in the living room plays DVDs and there are about 100 titles including everything from kids movies to family films, some recent some classic.

Have fun on your trip. I hope when I'm near the pool I don't see the sign for the owner's suite and say "If only!!"

Archived