May Carnival Destiny

I don't understand what all the fuss was about the condition of the Destiny. It's a ship used by thousands. We found it to be in great shape. The food was very good and the staff was excellent. Our room upgrade put us on the spa deck. Getting to the pool and food was no problem. I only didn't like the deembarkment. TOO long at the airport. They need to make better arrangements for those of us flying out after 4.

I would definitely go again on this ship.:)

Sounds to me like they have improved the condition of the ship to me since I was on board. I sailed the Destiny was it was 10 months old for my honeymoon and it broke down at sea. What could have been a fantastic honeymoon turned into a horrific yet memorable (for the wrong reasons) cruise! Sounds like she at least operates now...LOL

Finally, someone has written about a recent Destiny cruise. I'm so excited as we sail in September and it is hard to find new reviews.

How was the entertainment? Were there comedians?

That's because the Destiny hasn't cruised for a month.

To the OP, I'm glad you had a great time, but I don't know what you expect Carnival to do about the airport. :confused:

Oh that makes sense. I guess I did hear that. Was this the first cruise since they've been back?

Yes, the May 6th sailing was the first cruise since Destiny was chartered for the World Cricket Cup in Barbados(For I think 3 weeks? in April.)

I just returned from Destiny's May 6th sailing. This was our first cruise, and the occasion was our 20th anniversary. I don't really have any experience to compare it to, but I thought it was fabulous! There were two bona fide comediens on board, but several of the entertainment acts could definitely be billed as comedic. The cruise director himself was somewhat of a comedien.

I just returned from Destiny's May 6th sailing. This was our first cruise, and the occasion was our 20th anniversary. I don't really have any experience to compare it to, but I thought it was fabulous! There were two bona fide comediens on board, but several of the entertainment acts could definitely be billed as comedic. The cruise director himself was somewhat of a comedien.

Glad you had a great time. Destiny was also my first, so she holds a special place in my heart.

I am sure we all would love to hear your review! Are you going to post one? I am anxious to see a new review of the Destiny since the last one was from April. We are sailing her on June 3rd!

Archived