Small portable coffee maker?

A coffee maker is considered a fire hazard by all cruise lines. I know nobody cares till there is a fire. Seems we have lots of posters that think rules of safety are just for other people.

Seems odd that they have coffee pots in hotel rooms.

Use room service. It's free except for tipping the room service steward. We always try to be generous in our tipping and guess what, we ended up having more on our trays than what we originally ordered! You can put the time that you wish to be served on the order slip. We hung order before we went to bed. They were usually there within about 10 minutes of the earliest time we wished to be served.

Save your money and luggage space.

Had to chime in here, I purchased a Brew n' Go from amazon for under $15.00 it brews one insulated cup of coffee TRAVEL MUG and is the size of approx a pair of hubby's shoes. Took up little space and I was able to enjoy Dunkin Donuts coffee anytime I wanted it. I set up the coffee maker every night and in the am I hit the switch and in 3 minutesI was enjoying my morning coffee on my balcony without having room service disturb my hubby. ( I am an early riser) once he was up we would order room service coffee and danishes. Worked out great for us, the maker has an automatic shut off, once it is brewed it shuts off. for safety I unplugged it after I took the mug off.

I do not believe this intruded on any other passengers, so really it is up to you whether you want to bring one along. I will def. do it again.

PS The dunkin donuts near my home sell small vacuum pack ground coffee, each pack made three cups for me so I packed three of those ( they are the size of maybe a box of paper clips)

They also have irons and sometimes candles. That doesn't mean you should have THOSE at sea too.

I agree with you there! I will obey the rules of the sea - and if they say we can't bring coffee makers - I will not bring one and will have coffee delivered to me if I must ;)

Wow! I never thought to order room service that early. How fun. Will they bring hot chocolate for the kids?

It's not called 24hr room service for nothing.

They also have irons and sometimes candles. That doesn't mean you should have THOSE at sea too.

When Parrot gets his cruise line up and running, coffee makers will be a no no (if you're sadistc enough to sail on that...LOL). For now though, Carnival doesn't seem to have a problem with them.

Some NCL ships even provide them in the staterooms. Kinda blows the whole scenario for ya now doesn't it Parrot...LMAO

There is a reason there is just one plug in the room they dont want passengers bringing all of there household appliances on board with them .Remember they generate all the electric we use and the ship as well with gas powered generators and the more they have to generate the more a cruise will cost .And not all people unplugg after they are done or buy a coffee maker with the auto shut off feature (although most do come with that feature now a days ) and lets not forget the people who bring power strips to have extra outlets - there are some 3,000 passengers on the ship and if everyone did this i would hate to think what would happen in the middle of the ocean ...... Remember you are not the only one on the ship ..i could not live with myself if i coused a fire and killed someone just because i couldnt live 5min with out my coffee ... They say dont toss cigerrette butts over board and look what happen on princess cruise lines someone died in that fire and many injured and everyone had there vacation ruined because of one careles smoker .

A coffee maker is considered a fire hazard by all cruise lines. I know nobody cares till there is a fire. Seems we have lots of posters that think rules of safety are just for other people.

We asked and if it has an automatic shut off, it is fine. It's not hard to find.

You ARE allowed to bring a portable coffee pot on board Carnival, don't listen to the naysayers that "invent" the rules:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

Many of those naysayers will now spew on forever about how "it should be against the rules" or how "just because it doesn't say coffee makers are banned doesn't mean they're allowed", "it's a fire hazard", blah blah blah". :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't bring one. Room service does fine IMO. But for those who deem it important, who am I did look down on them.

When Parrot gets his cruise line up and running, coffee makers will be a no no (if you're sadistc enough to sail on that...LOL). For now though, Carnival doesn't seem to have a problem with them.

Some NCL ships even provide them in the staterooms. Kinda blows the whole scenario for ya now doesn't it Parrot...LMAO

Aren't you done stalking me yet, Mr. "Little"?

Is the truth hitting a little too close to home? :eek:

Yes, it is. You've been stalking me for weeks now and it's really getting a bit pathetic. You know you could just email me if you want, I know you must miss me when I'm not around.

Yes, it is. You've been stalking me for weeks now and it's really getting a bit pathetic. You know you could just email me if you want, I know you must miss me when I'm not around.

I don't know, I rather enjoy reading each of your predictable posts. :D

I don't know, I rather enjoy reading each of your predictable posts. :D

Wish I could say the same. Yours are usually nonsensical yipping and yapping, sort of like a little dog nipping at your heels. Maybe if you'd actually read a thread (and especially the posts you responded to), rather than just doing a blanket search for my posts, they might make a bit more sense - unlike your response to my hotel post which clearly shows you had no idea of the context in which it was made.

Have a good night. Email if you can't get enough, I'm going to be ignoring you here, "little" one.

Wish I could say the same. Yours are usually nonsensical yipping and yapping, sort of like a little dog nipping at your heels. Maybe if you'd actually read a thread (and especially the posts you responded to), rather than just doing a blanket search for my posts, they might make a bit more sense - unlike your response to my hotel post which clearly shows you had no idea of the context in which it was made.

Have a good night. Email if you can't get enough, I'm going to be ignoring you here, "little" one.

I understood the exact context in which your post was made. Hence my reply.

I'll type a little slower in the future for ya though. Don't want you getting confused.

For the record though, I have never done a search for your posts. But yours do tend to stand out in the threads I read. I recognize them immediately without having to see the user name. When you're so rude and heartless all the time, it really isn't very difficult. :rolleyes:

Who has room in their suitcases? I'm going to have trouble fitting in what we'll need to wear. yikes! I can understand if you want to bring one. We just order room service and get a pot of coffee. One note, a few times someone lost our breakfast order, so we couldn't count on them to bring coffee or to wake us up on time.

Wow! I never thought to order room service that early. How fun. Will they bring hot chocolate for the kids?

I had coffee and hot cocoa for my son delivered every AM at 7:00. It was a good wake up call. Get your tip money together the night before and clear off a space for the tray, put your order card on the outside doorknob and you're good to go.

I only drink Dunkin Donuts coffee black and I think Carnivals coffee if pretty enjoyable. Way more enjoyable than lugging around a coffee pot in my luggage.

Wow...now back to the matter at hand since some folks are done with the testosterone........;)

I see in the rules it says (Carnival) it also says no household goods...I'm curious....what do they mean by that...?????:confused:

and you care why?

I don't care what other people do. It's just the fact that you are on VACATION!! Why do people feel the need to have everything just like it is at home? If you want to pack 5 suitcases, plus all your kitchen appliances, it is fine with me.

I don't mean to flame; I just look at a vacation as the ultimate freedom; being untethered; free to do anything or nothing. It is all about getting AWAY from home and the things at home and the daily routine. So when you want everything on your vacation to be just like at home, down to the coffee you drink, that's not a vacation IMO.:(

Archived