Tipping Question

Raider07

My wife and I have been on several cruises and have always tipped well. We were just wondering if we should auto tip for a 14 month old or pay in cash for those who help her? I have no problem tipping, and even tip extra for those who deserve it. I am just wondering what those of you have cruised with young children have done in the past.

I just had a suite on RCCL and I auto tipped the SAME amount for the kids as I did for us. It was $88 per person for the 7 day cruise. RCCL has it all broken down into cabin guests or suite guests and that was the price for us. So it was $352 in tips for 4 of us (kids ages 3 and 7)

And then we had extra tips for concierge and people like that.

When DD was 21 months old on our first cruise, we tipped the same amount for her as we did for us. That was before autotipping. I think it depends on the cruiseline as to whether they add an autotip for children under 2 years old. If we were in that position now and they did not add an autotip for our child, we would give a cash tip to those who provided her service--so, steward, wait staff, etc. They treated her like a princess--and still do! She'll be 12 on our sixth cruise and one of the things she really enjoys about cruising is all the special attention the crew gives her!

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

I have had great service on every cruise line with my kids- I have with my oldest son since he was 8 and my younger one since he was 3 months. Babies make alot of work for the steward- diapers, bottles in the sink, the crib to make up each day, etc. I tip more than the required amount with my kids. And since I sail with them all the time- that means I tip more all the time. I don't mind- I am so impressed with how neatly they leave the cabin. I want to kidnap them and take them home with me!!!

Archived