E2 vs Jr. Suite on RCCL Explorer

We are booked on the Explorer of the Seas in an accessible balcony cabin (E2). There are also accessible Jr. Suites. When I booked the cabin through RCCI directly, I was told that the Jr. Suite is the same size, except that the balcony is larger. I opted not to spend the extra money just for the larger balcony.

From any of you who have experience with this, please let me know if there are any other differences, and if perhaps I did make a mistake by not booking the suite. The cruise is not for another year, and the suite may still be available...and I'll look into it if anyone can tell me a reason I should.

I will be traveling with my DH who is wheelchair bound.

LeoandHugh, I saw in another thread that you book the Jr. Suites, so I'm hoping you'll respond here. :)

Thanks,

Three Rings

I really cant help you with the E2, but have stayed in one of the Jr. Suites on the Explorer, it was #1544, we are booked in it again in November. I know the bathrooms are the same at least, don't know about the cabin though. Here are some pics if you'd like.....

1755884547_ExplorerCruise063.jpg.9d3bc8ccdff3064c800759cef3839e2b.jpg

1946148138_ExplorerCruise001.jpg.bb06b051f146bd3ab12a8a5eee511f88.jpg

248144964_ExplorerCruise065.jpg.8bbfb920744b7e8eecc8884e016bc84b.jpg

2006674224_ExplorerCruise062.jpg.77a28968585e058001f6eeb3586f0126.jpg

266470147_ExplorerCruise064.jpg.b74b3c63b346e538c0e15a1b52a0cb35.jpg

I think you have a bathtub in the JR suite and not in the E2. I've stayed in both and opt to spend the extra money elsewhere, but I do miss the tub.

Ann

Ann,

Do you mean there is a tub AND a roll in shower in the accessible Jr. Suite?

Three Rings

One of the big differences,

I have found (by experience) is that the regular balcony is only for 2 people and the JS 3 or 4 . At least on Royal Caribbean.

BTW, I use a powerchair.

Sherry

Three Rings Sorry did not pick up on your post sooner; in the meantime you seem to have the info you were looking for. Here is a link where you can find that for almost any cruise ship. go to http://cruiseclues.com/photoclubs.htm. Go down the left hand column and find your ship and click on it. Then go down to Deck Layouts and you will find Cabin Details; click on that and it will show you how many, what decks, approx dimensions and the cabin equipment. For instance on the Explorer it will tell you there are 2JS on Deck 10 and they are 300 sq ft. Go down to Disabled Outside with Balcony E2 and it will tell you 268n sq ft which is close to what you got from calling RCI. The balconies on the Voyager class are smaller than on Radiance class. Leo and I are booked in 1544 JS on Voyager Transatlantic from Barcelona to Galveston in December. If you ever book a Radiance class ship the JS is worth the extra; there is a huge walk-in closet and a huge balcony(enough for 4 chairs, 2 lounges and a table) On RCI, all accessible cabins, regardless of category have roll-in showers and no tub lots of grab bars and no lips into the bathroom or out on to the balcony.:) Leo and I are also booked on Serenade RT San Diego Hawaii in October and we lucked out and got one of the 2 JS - same as we have had on Brilliance and Jewel - with the walk-in closet and balcony

• 1 month later...
Hi Three Rings,

We will be on Explorer for the first time this coming fall in accessible cabin 7300. Found this picture of the cabin. Maybe it will help.

Hi Judy,

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you took any photos of your cabin when you sailed. Did you enjoy the ship?

Hi Judy,

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you took any photos of your cabin when you sailed. Did you enjoy the ship?

Hi Carole,

We don't sail until October. I'll try to take pictures of our cabin and post them for you.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Jewel and were in a E2. The pictures of the JS look the same as our layout of the E2. We had 2 loungers and 2 chairs on our balcony. This was the best handicap room as far as layout that we have sailed.

By the way, was disappointed to see that the 2 other handicap rooms on our side were being used by AB people who were friends booking both rooms. The one was a rather fluffy young woman who I sure made her think she needed a bigger cabin.

Deb

• 4 weeks later...

LeoandHugh - thanks for the link and the coaching. I use cruiseclues but didn't know I could get sq ft of disabled cabins there. That is so helpful! I noticed that Carnival doesn't list disabled cabins and wonder if there's no size dif.

Archived