Petticoat question...not sure.

I already ordered my dress and when I tried it on at the place I used the petticoat that they had there but not sure which one to buy. I am getting a strapless A-Line gown so I don't want it to poof out really far. Do you even need one??? Thanks

You might not need it. Have you tried the dress on without the petticoat? I opted not to have anything under my gown. The skirt is full enough without it, especially on a beach!

If you want a little flare but not a lot, try using a crinoline made of a few layers of stiff netting without any hoops or any plastic in it. I have it in one of my formals. Gives a little lift without the full poof. HTH :)

You might not even need one, depending on the style of the dress. My best friend got hers from an ebay store, and was really pleased with it. I'll have to try to find the name of it.

Luckily we are about the same size so for me, it is going to be my something borrowed...

I just ordered my dress Friday. It's also a strapless, A-line (Maggie Sottero Symphony). The second time I tried it on I opted for no petticoat and it looked so much better - sophisticated but still a bride. Good Luck.

Heidi

You might not even need one, depending on the style of the dress. My best friend got hers from an ebay store, and was really pleased with it. I'll have to try to find the name of it.

Luckily we are about the same size so for me, it is going to be my something borrowed...

Do you know the name of the Ebay store she purchased her dress from? I have been looking at dresses from "Cinderella's Bridal Shop" on Ebay. I had recently purchased a money-saving tips book that said all dresses pretty much come from China anyways. They say they make your dress to your measurements and you have it within 2 months. Their feedback is really good (99.7% positive), but I was curious to get someone's opinion who had actually done this.

It's a little scary to buy a wedding dress having never tried it on, but the fact that it's made to your measurements for under $300 is appealing!

Sorry, I meant that she only bought her slip (or petticoat) from an ebay store. That was kind of unclear of me. If you want the name of that store, I can email her and ask.

I don't know anyone that got their dress online, so I can't advise there. But, you said that it comes in 2 months, how far away is your wedding? Would there be time to return and look for something else if it wasn't what you wanted?

Good luck!

I had a strapless A-Line for my cruise wedding. My dress did not look good without the pettycoat. It just kind of hung there. So I brought it with me. I will tell you if you can get away with not bringing it do so because it is a PITA to carry on the ship and off the ship. But don't risk the look of your dress either. A-Lines are meant to be fuller and don't normally fit right without the pettycoat.

I am almost done working on my pictures will be posting them in the next day or 2.

Sorry, I meant that she only bought her slip (or petticoat) from an ebay store. That was kind of unclear of me. If you want the name of that store, I can email her and ask.

I don't know anyone that got their dress online, so I can't advise there. But, you said that it comes in 2 months, how far away is your wedding? Would there be time to return and look for something else if it wasn't what you wanted?

Good luck!

I got my dress online and I love it! I tried on a lot of dresses, but I found the one I loved online and bought it without trying it on! Mine took 4 months to get here, but I still had plenty of time if I hated it to find something else. I guess it can be a gamble, but my dress was 1/2 the price and twice as pretty as the dresses I tried on.... I have to admit I was nervous about the whole thing until I got it and it fit. E-Bay is a great place to find things like petticoats! Good luck!:)

Archived