Crown kid questions

NYmomma

I will be taking my first cruise this summer on the Crown Princess with my husband, 4 year old, and 7 year old. My questions: Are their any free beverages for the children to drink? What is the kids menu like in the main dining rooms? Are there any tours or places to view the workings of the ship or bridge? My son would love that! And finally, can parents hang out in the "kid areas" too? Thank you!

Hi NYmomma,

We were just on the CB in April and I believe the menu for both ships is similar. The dining room has spaghetti & meatballs, cheeseburger, chicken fingers, fish sticks, alphabet soup & salad and also offer orange, apple juice or milk. For breakfast in the buffet they offer orange, grapefruit & cranberry juice. Ice tea is available all day long.

I think you have to have an invite from a crew member in order to see the bridge. As far as the kids club goes I do not have any experience so I can't help you there. Have a great cruise--we will be taking our daughter on the Crown in November..

remember, the kids can order from the regular menu as well. my kids (ages 8 & 10) take advantage of their chance to order adult items, without me saying "no", as i generally do at a restaurant. on occasion i have been, likewise, known for ordering something (spaghetti) off the children's menu. the kids items are excellent. i am sure your kids will like the food. by the way, we will be on the 6/26 crown sailing. have fun.

remember, the kids can order from the regular menu as well.

Absolutely! It's a great opportunity for kids to try things they wouldn't normally have. And if they don't like it, they can get something else - no problem. My 12 year old is now getting a bit more adventurous about food, and she never ordered off the children's menu on the ship. She did have most of her dinners at Horizon Court though because the long dinners in the dining room were cutting into her time at the kid's club too much.

Almost any kid's drink like milk, water and juice is free. You pay for soda, but most cruise lines have a flat rate for a soda card and they can drink all they want in soda. (Can you say sugar high?:eek:) If you do purchase this, I have read that if you wait until the ship sails from port you are not charged the local tax rate. Save a couple bucks.

Parents can certainly hang out in the kids "zones" or areas...like pools or arcade. It's the kid's clubs (where they go to do arts/crafts and activities with other kids) that I think you are welcome to view, but usually parents drop the kids off there so they can have alone time on the ship.

Most cruise lines offer a designated time to tour the bridge or special areas of the ship. Just look for it in the daily guide (Princess Patter) to see if Princess offers it.The problem I have found with this tour is that it is usually during a time when you are likely in port on an excursion.

Archived