travel insurance question- pre-existing conditions

A few months ago my father booked a cruise for me, my husband, him & his wife. This cruise is a college graduation gift to me. I told him when he booked it that he should go on and get travel insurance (just incase)! Well, we just found out I am pregnant and will be 21 weeks at time of sailing. Hopefully this will be an uneventful pregnancy and everything will be fine for me to travel. I am just worried now that since he hasn't yet purchased the travel insurance if something were to happen we will be in trouble. Do any of you know of any companies that sell travel insurance that don't have any stipulations on pre-existing conditions since he didn't buy the coverage at time of deposit?

A few months ago my father booked a cruise for me, my husband, him & his wife. This cruise is a college graduation gift to me. I told him when he booked it that he should go on and get travel insurance (just incase)! Well, we just found out I am pregnant and will be 21 weeks at time of sailing. Hopefully this will be an uneventful pregnancy and everything will be fine for me to travel. I am just worried now that since he hasn't yet purchased the travel insurance if something were to happen we will be in trouble. Do any of you know of any companies that sell travel insurance that don't have any stipulations on pre-existing conditions since he didn't buy the coverage at time of deposit?

I think (and that's a big think) that as long as your doctor says you are fit for travel then insurance shouldn't be a problem. I asked my TA a similar question. I asked what would happen if I had, for example, high blood pressure would I be able to use insurance and what would happen if I had a flare up? She told me that your condition must be stable for 90 days prior to traveling and your doctor would need to sign off that you were fit to travel in case of a claim. So what I would do is call a few travel places and ask them what their requirements were. You may be told that as long as your doctor feels it will not be a problem then you'll be fine - get it in writing of course. In your case, the greatest concern might be a mis-carriage and you would not want to find out that your medical coverage at seas was not covered. It would be quite expensive.

Anyway - call some TA's and insurance companies and *make sure* you are covered!

Good luck

I have a pre existing condition and purchased CSA insurance it was more expensive but worth it to me! As a previous poster stated and I see your concurring go to insuremytrip.com

There are some travel insurance policies that you can purchase at the time of final payment that do cover pre existing. You can also purchase travel insurance that has a "cancel for any reason" clause. Costs a bit more but could be worth it. You would purchase these at the time of final payment.

Archived