Halloween on ship

pinkie

Has anyone ever cruised during halloween. My kids would be so dissapointed if no trick or treating. Does Carnival do anything special?

Havent seen any word if they are going to do this again, but odds are they will, since it was a success last year.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/halloween_2006.aspx

Carnival Cruise Lines, the world’s largest cruise operator, and Masterfoods USA, one of America’s leading snack food manufacturers, have teamed up for a unique Halloween promotion where guests sailing aboard the “Fun Ships” can participate in costume contests, enjoy scary movies and “ghost stories” and, of course, go trick or treating for a seemingly endless array of Halloween goodies.

The new “Frightfully Fun” promotion will be held on every “Fun Ship” cruise departing between October 9-31, 2006.

“Halloween has always been a festive time aboard Carnival’s ships and our new ‘Frightfully Fun’ promotion goes a step beyond traditional Halloween activities, providing guests of all ages with an exciting and creative way to celebrate this popular holiday, ‘Fun Ship’-style,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Highlighting the festivities will be a costume contest and parade where “Fun Ship” guests can dress up in their favorite costume and compete for a variety of prizes, including “M&M’S”â Character plush toys.

Crew members throughout the fleet will be dressed in costume, as well, and guests can have their photo taken with their favorite “M&M’S”â Character.

Kids aged one to 14 will be invited go trick or treating through the ships’ various public lounges and areas, stocking up on a variety of delicious Masterfoods USA Fun Size candies, including “M&M’S”â Milk Chocolate, “M&M’S”â Peanut, SNICKERSâ and SKITTLESâ.

I cruised on the Conquest for Halloween with my son, daughter and her friend. They had such a great time. I didn't even think about bringing a costume. I think there were only a handful of people not dressed up. The girls (who were teenagers at the time) took their sheets off the bed and wrapped them their body. They had a ton of gold Mardi Gras beads from New Orleans, they put them on and gold glitter lotion. They said they were Cleopatra. They got so many jokes from passengers who said they were going to tell the staff they were stealing sheets!

The staff had even made a haunted house in the kids game area. The entire ship was decorated with spider webs and ghost. The buffet was all halloween themed. We had the best time!!

Funniest thing was we were turning in for the night and ran into this elderly lady in the hall that was dressed as Minnie Mouse, her back zipper was stuck and she had been searching the halls for someone to help her out of her costume!

That sounds great! I was going to post a similar question since we are sailing on the Glory during Halloween this year. Now I am REALLY excited....yeah, like I wasn't already excited! LOL. Thanks for the info!:)

Last year we were on the conquest on a Friday in the middle of Oct. and from what I understand they celebrated a couple of Fridays leading up to Halloween. No one told us ahead of time so we did not have costumes for the kids, that was a little frustrating. Some adults even dressed up. The trick or treating was neat. They gave my son and my husband, since one adult was required to go with him, a small bag with handles and they went to different areas stated on a map to receive their candy. it was good candy. They had fun the only problem was my husband had to leave supper early since it was scheduled during the end of the 1st supper.

My family sailed on the Ecstasy this last Halloween. There was a costume contest, trick or treating, hunted house; you name it they had it. Here's the link to the Capers. (I think Halloween was the first sea day.)

http://www.hughharris.com/capers/

Here's the link to our pictures. The last page has pics from the costume contest. If you look closely at Cruelella's coat, you'll see it made from 101 beanie babies. :)

http://www.cardsbytina.com/gallery/2217493

Archived