Singapore to Mumbai

Nevian

Just booked on this leg of 2008 WC. ( March)

Anyone with any ideas/experience regarding shore excursions for these ports as I am already in planning mode!

(Ports in question: Mumbai, Cochin, Belawan, Colombo, Yangoon)

Nevian

I would highly recommend the excursion to Agra from Mumbai. We did it on the 2005 WC and it was fantastic. Great hotel (Oberoi Amarvillas) and got to see the Taj in the evening and at sunrise. Every room at the hotel had a view of the Taj. Also got to see the Baby Taj, which was very interesting. For Cochin I would just hire a cab at the pier and have the driver show you the sights. It's very reasonable. We had a special shore event at the Taj Malabar in Cochin on our cruise; don't know about the 2008 cruise plans. If you want to do the Agra tour from Mumbai you have to book it prior to the cruise.

We did this leg on WC 2006....similar but not exact itinerary.

Singapore--We enjoyed walking around the city on our own with a stop at Raffles for a singapore sling and a visit to the Mandai Orchid Garden which is filled w. fabulous orchids, a passion of ours. Many pax enjoyed the evening trip to the zoo.

Myanmar/Burma: We hired a pvt car/driver & guide to tour the city

and visit the 3 major pagodas....stopped for lunch along the way.

The other day we did a city tour, then meandered through the shopping area. I notice that you have a 3rd day which may permit a trip to Bago.

We didn't do this but the pax who did loved it.

Phuket: I'd opt for a boat tour of Phang Nga Bay without a stop at the stilted Moslem village. We did this on a pvt tour a few years ago.

Cochin--We took the concierge's choice of a boat ride thru the backwaters/Kerala. Everyone really enjoyed it. Additionally, a most delicious lunch was served.

Mumbai..a first visit for us so day 1 was an organized tour [Gate of India, Ghandi's home.museum] while day 2 we wandered about on our own.

I'd certain that many others will add ideas here.

Archived