Wooohooo the price of my cruise went down!

smashley

I was just waiting for it to happen, and sure enough I randomly decided to check and it had gone down $30 (for the Freedom sailing 1/5/08)! So $60 off total for my boyfriend and I. I can't wait to see if it goes down even more!:D

I was just waiting for it to happen, and sure enough I randomly decided to check and it had gone down $30 (for the Freedom sailing 1/5/08)! So $60 off total for my boyfriend and I. I can't wait to see if it goes down even more!:D

Are you apart of the Cruise Critic Group or did you book on your own?

What was your room cat?

Thanks!

It was great how easy it was to call them up and have the payment adjusted, the woman I spoke to was wonderful.

Can anyone tell me if they've had experience with price drops AFTER you've payed in full? I would guess that it would go to on board credit after that - but is there a certain way that you would redeem it?

Are you apart of the Cruise Critic Group or did you book on your own?

What was your room cat?

Thanks!

I booked on my own through Carnival, it was originally $529 but it went down to $499 recently so we saved a total of $60. I booked an interior gty. :)

congrats. i always wondered if you cld get the benefit of a price reduction if book w/ a group. i'm guessing probably not, since they already have an OBC which can be viewed as a technical reduction in the price right off the bat.

well, even though you aren't part of the official group, i'm sure you'll still get to meet many of them. hope you have a great time. i wanted to go on this cruise too, but the timing doesn't work. i'm sure you'll have a blast.

congrats. i always wondered if you cld get the benefit of a price reduction if book w/ a group. i'm guessing probably not, since they already have an OBC which can be viewed as a technical reduction in the price right off the bat.

Actually, we were told that if price dropped, we would "get what we were entitle to" with the group I'm currently booked with. We'll see what happens:)

Someone was kind enough to post to our roll call about a price drop for our Alaska cruise (which just about NEVER happens). We already paid final payment and they didn't have any more of our category in a quad - but the better cabins were selling for less so I called.

Not only did I get an OBC of $320.00 (4 of us) but we got upgraded from a 7A to an 8F - so I'm REAL happy. That pays for the tips and a little left over to help pay for the supper club one night.

I LOVE THESE BOARDS.

Someone was kind enough to post to our roll call about a price drop for our Alaska cruise (which just about NEVER happens). We already paid final payment and they didn't have any more of our category in a quad - but the better cabins were selling for less so I called.

Not only did I get an OBC of $320.00 (4 of us) but we got upgraded from a 7A to an 8F - so I'm REAL happy. That pays for the tips and a little left over to help pay for the supper club one night.

I LOVE THESE BOARDS.

Wow! that's big! i wld have been happy w/ one or the other. to get both is just beyond sweet! enjoy!

They actually called a couple days later to tell me the rep messed up and the OBC should have been less. Something about the taxes/fees going up. So I say - "so you're telling me the cruise went down but the taxes went up". Then I told them that I didn't see that as my problem since they were simply re-booking a cabin that I reserved over a year ago and they certainly weren't expecting me to pay more on the original booking so why should they expect me to pay more taxes on a change. The rep messed it up and I have a written confirmation telling me how much they quoted me and they should make good on it.

She told me that was all she needed to hear and that she would get a supervisor to approve the entire amount.

Don't get me wrong she was great about it from the beginning - even "hinting" that all I had to say was that I wanted it and she would get a supervisors approval. They were trying to take $74 back. Seems like a lot in extra fees to me.

Archived