Tempted to Book, Shall I?

bandit0000

Hi,

My cruise in November just seems too far away & I am very tempted to book a 2 nighter on Arcadia in August.

Does anyone have any experience of these & do you think the cost (approx £300pp) and travelling (about 3hrs) are worth it.

Also if I did book this would I then become a Portunas club member & what would that mean for my Ventura cruise next year, would I get any benefits?

Many thanks for your help,

Lisa:)

Hi,

My cruise in November just seems too far away & I am very tempted to book a 2 nighter on Arcadia in August.

Does anyone have any experience of these & do you think the cost (approx £300pp) and travelling (about 3hrs) are worth it.

Also if I did book this would I then become a Portunas club member & what would that mean for my Ventura cruise next year, would I get any benefits?

Many thanks for your help,

Hi Lisa

The only thing which puts me off these 2 nighters is the long drive there and back. We have done short cruises but only back to back with long ones. We live in the north east and so these are out of the question unless we were in Southampton anyway. £300 is possibly a bit on the high side and I would not bother with a fancy cabin for 2 nights An outside would do fine.

Having said that I have had a look and all the outside cabins are the same price and it would be over £300 even with further discount of 10%.:eek:

I am all for booking more cruises but for us they would have to be longer, 7 or 10 days.

As far as portunus is concerned you would get your 5% of all on board spends.

Having said all that they are very popular and fill up quickly.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Thankyou Dai for your response. I really wish it was 3 nights (for the same price of course ha ha), to make the long trip worth it.

You're right the balconies are near enough same price as outside (especially for the price I have negotiated), but it does seem quite a lot of money for a couple of nights.

I think on these mini cruises, people just book the cheapest grade as it is for such a short period (as would I if available), so they go quickly.

I think I will just hold fire for a couple of days & think about it some more.

Kind regards,

I had a fab weekender on Aurora just before xmas. We are 2 hrs away from Southampton, but hey, so what! Better to be on a cruise than sat at home watching tele!

We had a inside cabin for £279, wasn't in it except for sleeping, no need for a outside or above atall across the north sea!! Think about it, you embark, have drinks and look around the ship, dress for dinner, and are out and about all night at the show etc, sleep, we chose a afternoon tour to Bruges which meant we had a lie in, a lovely relaxed breakfast in cafe B, a lookaround the ship then Bruges all afternoon, back to cabin change for dinner - a formal night with party beforehand the same as a longer cruise with free drinks and canapes. get the drift, for a 48hr cruise - well less cause you disembark at 9am ish, you are only in cabin for dressing and sleeping. Get the cheapest one and have a fab weekend - we did !:p

Have booked a Ventura weekender for sept 08, which was fully booked after a week or so of going on sale as its the only weekender on her next year, that was even cheaper !!! £239 for a balcony with £25pp obc and free car parking, so our drinks will be free near enough as well onboard!

(Insides were sold out, and outsides were only £9pp cheaper than a balcony !)

Sue

Archived