Snorkling Lessons

2d's

DW and I have booked a princess excursion that includes some snorkling time.

I have read about some people taking snorkling lessons aboard ship early in the cruise. Does the Golden have anything like this in one of the pool areas?

Thanks, David

Thanks Jon, It would more of a confidence builder than anything. DW is afraid of deep water and this would help prepare us for the "real thing".

Will check on it when we board.

Snorkling is so easy, you probably don't need lessons! What you do need is a good snorkle and mask, and a float vest for your wife. The vests are inflatable, and act as a floatation aid when in the water.

I speak from experience -- I am not a strong swimmer, and don't really know much about snorkling, but have a great time doing it!!

If you plan on buying your own snorkeling equiptment, you can practice at home in a swimming pool before you go on your trip. The most important thing is getting the breathing down and relaxing in the water. If you don't plan on buying equiptment beforehand, definitely take the instruction on board. It's free and it will increase your enjoyment when you take the actual snorkeling trip.

I second the recommendation for a floatation device or a safety vest - that will increase your comfort level as well.

Archived