Is Tequila Beach Club really that bad?

coastergirl98

I noticed you paid for a package of sorts. Did there seem to be a cost to just get in. We do not drink alcohol. We do like good food though. We will have our kids with us we really just want a nice spot of beach for a couple hours and are happy to buy food and drink.

thanks for any help you can give me.

there is NO COVER to walk in

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start by saying I was VERY skeptical about taking our group of 18 seniors to TB after reading the negative reviews. We went last week and it was the BEST Mexican beach I've been to in 6 cruises.

We arrived in Costa Maya and took the bus ( the cab station is about 1/2-3/4 mile walk away, it was worth it to me to pay $1 extra...$3 per person.. for the bus which is right there) WHen we arrived at TB, Otto was waiting to meet us and show us our reserved tables and introduce us to our personal waiter. The service was EXCELLENT. There was never a time when we didn't have a drink in our hand. The food was fabulous as well. I had nachos and chicken quesadillas. The thing you have to remember about the food is that it is authentic Mexican so it won't taste like Taco Bell. The chips are thick and crispy and the cheese is usually white cheese, however at TB they use regular nacho cheese on the nachos. There were also kayaks there for us to use at no additional charge. They have plenty of regular plastic loungers to use or you can pay $10 for 2 custioned ones. The snorkeling right off the beach is OK, but my husband swam out about 300 yards to a reef and said it was the best snorkeling he's done and he's snorkeled all over the world. The depth of the water is about 5 feet all the way out, so he said he could stand at any point during the swim. Once he got there, there was a huge drop off and he saw 6 ft. corals, lobster, rays, eels, starfish,etc. There is sand volleyball and a massage place. Also, there are snorkel tours that leave straight from TB..we took one and it was good. There are jet skis for rent, too. We had a total blast at Tequila Beach. It is very obvious that they have been working extremely hard to improve things. I highly highly highly recommend it for anyone going to Costa Maya.

Sorry this is long, but I hope I clears up some confusion about the status of things there!:)

Let me start by saying I was VERY skeptical about taking our group of 18 seniors to TB after reading the negative reviews. We went last week and it was the BEST Mexican beach I've been to in 6 cruises.

We arrived in Costa Maya and took the bus ( the cab station is about 1/2-3/4 mile walk away, it was worth it to me to pay $1 extra...$3 per person.. for the bus which is right there) WHen we arrived at TB, Otto was waiting to meet us and show us our reserved tables and introduce us to our personal waiter. The service was EXCELLENT. There was never a time when we didn't have a drink in our hand. The food was fabulous as well. I had nachos and chicken quesadillas. The thing you have to remember about the food is that it is authentic Mexican so it won't taste like Taco Bell. The chips are thick and crispy and the cheese is usually white cheese, however at TB they use regular nacho cheese on the nachos. There were also kayaks there for us to use at no additional charge. They have plenty of regular plastic loungers to use or you can pay $10 for 2 custioned ones. The snorkeling right off the beach is OK, but my husband swam out about 300 yards to a reef and said it was the best snorkeling he's done and he's snorkeled all over the world. The depth of the water is about 5 feet all the way out, so he said he could stand at any point during the swim. Once he got there, there was a huge drop off and he saw 6 ft. corals, lobster, rays, eels, starfish,etc. There is sand volleyball and a massage place. Also, there are snorkel tours that leave straight from TB..we took one and it was good. There are jet skis for rent, too. We had a total blast at Tequila Beach. It is very obvious that they have been working extremely hard to improve things. I highly highly highly recommend it for anyone going to Costa Maya.

Sorry this is long, but I hope I clears up some confusion about the status of things there!:)

Thanks for the nice review.

Are you able to post some photos ?

or do you have a photo link to share with us ?

• 3 weeks later...

We just come back from a cruise and we chose Tequila Beach and the Coral Reef Snorkeling as our excursion in Costa Maya. Big Mistake!!!!!

Spending the kind of money that we did there you would expect the food and drinks to be wonderful. The food was terrible and the drinks was horrible. The food was bland and the drinks tasted like it had NO alcohol in it at all. As far as the snorkeling.....the guide asked all of us as we got on the boat if any of us had snorkeled of course ALL of us answered no. You would think that if you have NEVER snorkeled that the guide would have given us some kind of instructions before we entered the water. As of, what to expect or how to breathe properly through the snorkel and how tight the goggles need to be or how to clear the water out of the goggles if water should get in them etc.....Of course NONE of this was went over we was just let loose and was told to just follow the guide. Needless to say our first experience snorkeling was not a very good experience. Maybe had we of had a guide that would given us instructions the just maybe our first experience might have been better.

So I would not recommend Tequila Beach at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be in Costa Maya in August with children, ages 9 & 12. After reading many posts about beaches I am a unsure where to go with the kids. We will not be arriving into port until noon & I am wondering about crowding in the afternoon as well. We are not really too concerned with food & drinks, just looking for a nice beach area for the afternoon. We would love to snorkel if possible (not on a tour) while at the beach.

Any suggestions are very welcomed,

Rhonda

How did you book with Otto?

How much was it and what is included?

Archived