Room Service Question????

Lynzchat

We use new $2.00 bills for tips fot the stewarts...

Jim & Ruth

Color me stupid... but $2 bills? Do those actually exist in the States?? Where does one get them (other than Canada)? You're not talking about Sacajawea dollar (coins) either, right?

How did a simple question about room service turn into a tipping "discussion"? The poster didn't even mention tipping. At least I assumed she was asking if room service food is included in the cost of her cruise or is an extra like the Pinnacle.

And yes I tip--because I choose to. But no one is going to change his opinion so why the pointless harping?

asm

there are some on these boards who feel that if you dont agree with them, then they become quite rude. when i use the expression, "because i choose to", the responses get quite nasty. but, i agree with you.:D

Hello there!

Since we are first time HAL cruisers, I wanted to ask this silly room service question. Is it available at anytime, and is there a fee? How exactly does Room Service work? If you just want a snack, can you order it through room service?

Yikes....I gotta cruise more often!:D

it's available: 24/7

We just ask at our bank if the tellers have any; I believe our bank will take 'orders' for them, but it's a large amount. Actually, we've also acquired some at local grocery stores when we've noticed that the cashier has them in her/his tray - there's no slot for $2 bills so they're rather glad to get rid of them.

Your fiance scuba dives? Great. Is he going to scuba dive on this cruise? Which itinerary and when? If he does could you let me know what he thinks of the diving at the different locations. I'm going to the eastern Caribbean on 10/30 and again on 3/26 next year and would love some heads up.

Thanks,

Orcrone

Orcrone- my fiance loves scuba diving. He's aleady plotted the ports where he will dive. There's one in Tortola that has a famous wreck, called the Rhone, they filmed the Deep there. Also, he says the Bahamas has great waters. Another port is St. Marteen, but I'm not sure if he will be diving there or not. Typically each year, he dives bare bones with companies such as Blackbeard's cruises...nothing fancy about that cruise :D

Thanks for the info Lynzchat. I haven't heard anything too positive about St. Maarten's diving. But that will still leave me with Tortola and Nassau possibly. I plan on just relaxing on HMC.

I used to dive more often off of the VA coast. But after getting spoiled by clear, warm water I pretty much only dive while in the Caribbean or Florida lately.:)

Archived