Has anyone visited or toured Harrison's Cave lately?

pinkaboo

We willbe visiting Barbados in November 2007 and we are thinking about visiting Harrison's Cave. I read they have a tram that takes you into the cave. My question is, does the tram go through thr entire tour or do you have to get out of the Tram and walk? Walking is not an option for me or others in my party. Does anyone know how much it will cost to get to harrison"s cave from the cruise port where the ship docks? We are thinking about grabbing a taxi from the port to the cave. Are there any private tour guides that someone can recommend. Does anyone have any phone numbers or websites of private tour guides that they have used?

Currently Harrison's Cave is closed for renovations and is expected (hopefully) to reopen in November 2007 after the completion of the renovations. (I'm sorry to say, I'm not sure I would hold my breath).

anyway. You do take a tram into the cave and will do the same once the renovations are complete. There are 2 stops along the route that you can get out of the tram to walk around, but it's not a requirement.

Again, like other things in government here, I would hold my breath for it to reopen on time. However, I can say I was there in April (as they opened briefly for visitors during the resently help Cricket World Cup) and the cave tour hasn't change but the buildings etc have changed somewhat.

Good Luck. I'll try to keep everyone posted on the updates as I hear them..

Archived