Carnival Spirit Cat. 11 Aft Suite Cabin 4228

gomoccs1

Has anyone been on the Carnival Spirit in the past couple of years? I am book on the Spirit for Hawaii in '08 and have Cabin 4228 Aft Suite booked. I have read reviews of other ships regarding the soot problem, but not on the Spirit. Also, does the balcony have the newer wooden and cloth chaise lounges like the pictures posted on the Miracle which is the Sister Ship to the Spirit. :o

Also, is there noise from the restaurant below?

Has anyone been on the Carnival Spirit in the past couple of years? I am book on the Spirit for Hawaii in '08 and have Cabin 4228 Aft Suite booked. I have read reviews of other ships regarding the soot problem, but not on the Spirit. Also, does the balcony have the newer wooden and cloth chaise lounges like the pictures posted on the Miracle which is the Sister Ship to the Spirit. :o

Also, is there noise from the restaurant below?

We booked it too, in 2008. But can't give you details yet that your looking for.

What month in 2008 did you connect spirit with hawaii?

NO soot problem on 4228 (or 4237 for that matter).

Absolutely NO noise problem from the restaurant below.

Not to worry. You have, IMHO, the BEST cabin in the fleet. The aft corners on deck 4 of the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Pride, Miracle) are THE cabins to have.

We have sailed in those corners a few times - with a few more booked. Not until 2009 we will enjoy Hawaii - our first time on the Spirit!!

There are LOTS of 4237/4228 photos in my SmugMug link below!

Tom

DH and I have #4237 aft cabin booked for our next AK sailing in 2008. I was unsure for sometime if we would enjoy Carnival (not to mention an aft suite with vibration) but decided to take a chance.

Anyone that has sailed the Spirit to AK, I would love to hear your thoughts. We sailed previously with RCI and enjoyed it. Just came back from Valor (W. Carribean) and noticed some pretty big differences between CCL & RCI. Will we enjoy the AK route?

We went to Alaska 2 years ago on spirit and we just came back from Hawaii on spirit. both time was cat 11.

regarding the aft balcony…we were in 6260 and had no problems with soot. (I never knew people had a problem with soot.) The chairs are now cloth. The balcony was wooden but I thought they were always wooden. Our room wrapped also so it was like having 2 rooms. The bedroom was completely separated from the living room. We loved the room.

Regarding Alaska…what do you wanna know?

I am curious if you have sailed with other lines to Alaska before? Is the spirit casual in AK vs. other ports of call? Do folks get dressed up for dinner, or is it more relaxed with jeans (etc..) in the dining room? Are there activities on board in the evening? Did you by chance write a review of your Spirit AK cruise?

Thanks!

I am curious if you have sailed with other lines to Alaska before? Is the spirit casual in AK vs. other ports of call? Do folks get dressed up for dinner, or is it more relaxed with jeans (etc..) in the dining room? Are there activities on board in the evening? Did you by chance write a review of your Spirit AK cruise?

Thanks!

We never ate in the dining room. I hate dressing up for anything and having to dress up for dinner turned me off from wanting to eat in the dining room. And my mother is the same as me. (I didn't know people actually went to the dining room in jeans until I read some of the other posts.)

I don't remember there being that many activities. The passengers were all elderly which really surprised me. I was only 36 or so at the time. I do remember that things were much more calm and relaxed compared to our cruise to the caribbean where the passengers were younger, louder, faster,and into partying. I can't recall exactly, but I do know the overall atmosphere was more subdued. Which me and my mother liked. It was more relaxing. There was the usual bingo and trivia. They tried showing a movie once or twice and that was it for the movies. There were shows at nite. I didn't go because I've been spoiled by going to broadway musicals and for me, nothing compares.

And now that I think of it, there probably wasn't a lot of jeans in the dining room since the passengers were elderly.

I didn't write a review because I didn't know about this site then.

sorry i can't be more helpful. If you wanna know more, just ask.

Not to worry. You have, IMHO, the BEST cabin in the fleet. The aft corners on deck 4 of the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Pride, Miracle) are THE cabins to have.

Tom

Agree with all of the above. In fact, headed for 4238 (and 4230) on Miracle - tomorrow! :D

And taking my Sirius boombox to St. Thomas, Tom... ;)

Agree with all of the above. In fact, headed for 4228 (and 4230) on Miracle - tomorrow! :D

And taking my Sirius boombox to St. Thomas, Tom... ;)

Have a GREAT time!

We are heading out (also EASTERN!) a WEEK from tomorrow. SIRIUS will be there with us too!!!

Alas, no aft corner this time... that will have to wait until JULY!! :D

Tom

We are traveling on the Spirit to Hawaii Sept. 24-Oct. 6, 2008. :p

We booked it too, in 2008. But can't give you details yet that your looking for.

What month in 2008 did you connect spirit with hawaii?

Pictures are great! Thanks for the input--I assume if the Miracle has the cloth loungers that the Spirit will also.

We have sailed in those corners a few times - with a few more booked. Not until 2009 we will enjoy Hawaii - our first time on the Spirit!!

There are LOTS of 4237/4228 photos in my SmugMug link below!

Tom

I have read reviews on other sites regarding the soot--I was told by a Carnival Reservationist that the only 2 cabins that had separate living area and bedroom were 6260 and 6329--who knows, I seem to get a different answer everytime I talk to Carnival--I'm sure that it will be super with all the great reviews! Thanks for your input.:o

We went to Alaska 2 years ago on spirit and we just came back from Hawaii on spirit. both time was cat 11.

regarding the aft balcony…we were in 6260 and had no problems with soot. (I never knew people had a problem with soot.) The chairs are now cloth. The balcony was wooden but I thought they were always wooden. Our room wrapped also so it was like having 2 rooms. The bedroom was completely separated from the living room. We loved the room.

I have read reviews on other sites regarding the soot--I was told by a Carnival Reservationist that the only 2 cabins that had separate living area and bedroom were 6260 and 6329--who knows, I seem to get a different answer everytime I talk to Carnival--I'm sure that it will be super with all the great reviews! Thanks for your input.:o

Well... they have never stepped foot on the ship (or at least check out all decks). People on CC have MANY MANY days onboard!

In actuality, decks 4,6,7, and 8 are the multi-room layout. Only deck 5 is NOT.

Tom

Can anyone tell me of an aft wrap Cat 11 on Spirit class (all are the same?) that has some kind of overhang (roof) with a couch, bathtub and the multi room? We loved the Pride and want to do another Sprit class. Just got off the Golden Princess in a mini on Emerald deck (e729) and it had all the things we like. We only need a room for 2.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me of an aft wrap Cat 11 on Spirit class (all are the same?) that has some kind of overhang (roof) with a couch, bathtub and the multi room? We loved the Pride and want to do another Sprit class. Just got off the Golden Princess in a mini on Emerald deck (e729) and it had all the things we like. We only need a room for 2.

Thanks!

Yes - those ships are, except for decor differences, identical.

So: any pictures that you see of the Pride, Legend, or Miracle in my photos would also apply to the Sprirt.

Tom

Tom & Cheryl,

Thanks soooo much for your answer regarding the separate living and bedroom areas. We originally had the cabins on the 5th deck booked--Kept checking online and 4228 and 4227 became available and switched. I wanted deck 4 especially because your pictures and it looked like that the balcony was more covered by the awning. Carnival reps need some help!:)

Well... they have never stepped foot on the ship (or at least check out all decks). People on CC have MANY MANY days onboard!

In actuality, decks 4,6,7, and 8 are the multi-room layout. Only deck 5 is NOT.

Tom

As far as I know only the aft corners on Deck 5 are different, here is a snap of the rear of the Miracle (sister ship) which clearly shows 5 is the only "different" floor at least when viewed from the outside. It also shows how the outer rail on deck 4 is more vertical, giving the LARGEST balcony!

IMG_1776.jpg

Having stayed in room 5266 I will say that even in its single room layout the room is large, very nice and the balcony is great! It sucks that its not as nice as the other Cat 11 corners but we did like it more than Cat 11's in other parts of the ship.

Forgot to comment on soot. On our balcony from time to time there was a small amount of soot / black exhaust stuff. We never quite figured out when it landed there, as we never actaully saw it falling. Again the amount was small, it caused no nusance to us. I imagine if you were wearing light colored clothing and sat in a chair just after it happened you may get a bit dirty, but it generally was swept away by the wind as quickly as it mysteriously appeared.

Archived