Have we done the right thing? Moved Radiance Balcony!

We were booked in Radiance 7596, being all excited about the 'hump' but then we studied the plans and did our research on here and saw that indeed the balcony is oddly shaped and in fact narrower than other balconies. So we just changed to 9074. Do any of you have any experience with these rooms? Did we do the right thing? I know the actual cabin is bigger -- is it noticeably bigger? THANK YOU guys for your great advice!

Based on tons of research (but no personal experience, yet) you made a great move! Your new balcony is larger (deeper). I believe it should have two chairs and a lounger on it. Based on all my research on these boards I booked 9076 on the Serenade for Alaska in 2008. At that point I'll be able to speak from my own experiences, but for now, I've never seen anything negative about these two cabins! I'm sure you will enjoy it!!:)

-----------------------------------------

Actually, scratch what I said above (I'd delete it, but I'm not sure how). I just looked again and realized I mis-read the deck plan. I was thinking you had booked 9094. It looks like 9074 is a normal sized balcony, which does appear larger than your original side-hump cabin. Others can probably speak to it better than me, though.

We were booked in Radiance 7596, being all excited about the 'hump' but then we studied the plans and did our research on here and saw that indeed the balcony is oddly shaped and in fact narrower than other balconies. So we just changed to 9074. Do any of you have any experience with these rooms? Did we do the right thing? I know the actual cabin is bigger -- is it noticeably bigger? THANK YOU guys for your great advice!

The balcony for cabin 9074 is larger and higher up on the ship, so your view will be much better.

2844364610037912873S600x600Q85.jpg

Go here and view in super size!

http://image16.webshots.com/16/3/64/61/2844364610037912873bdpewR_fs.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/travel/cruises&track_action=/ViewActions/FullSize

BILL

Bill's picture shows the starboard side of the ship, where your original cabin is located, and if you blow it up, the balcony looks pretty dinky. The balcony on 9094 is a standard D-1 and probably larger than what you had. PLUS, the cabin is larger by about 20 square feet, which means you'll have a full size sofa in the cabin instead of a loveseat. I think you made a very good choice. Enjoy!

Archived