Questions about last day procedures and how long it takes?

How long of a drive is it from Port Canaveral to WDW? What time can we plan on being off the ship? Right now I have a LIMO booked for 9:30...but would love to be in WDW as early as possible.

We cruised once before on NCL and because we were from Canada we had to line up at 5:00am to go through customs. Is this the same with RCCL?

Do you have enough time for breakfast?

Thanks...

How long of a drive is it from Port Canaveral to WDW? What time can we plan on being off the ship? Right now I have a LIMO booked for 9:30...but would love to be in WDW as early as possible.

We cruised once before on NCL and because we were from Canada we had to line up at 5:00am to go through customs. Is this the same with RCCL?

Do you have enough time for breakfast?

Thanks...

The drive from PC to WDW is about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic. There should not be much traffic early on a Sunday morning though. Your Limo for 9:30 will be fine.

For disembarkation, everyone is assigned a color tag. When your color is called, you leave the ship and go through customs. This way, you avoid very long lines, though you do have to wait a few minutes (no long).

Both the dining room and WJ are open for breakfast.

Breakfast opens around 6:30am and then they start the self disembarkation which on the Brilliance in March was around 7 am. Then they started calling the colors. We did wait about 10-15 minutes going through customs.

We've been on Mariner twice and as I recall they've started the self-disembark around 7:30...

You'd have time for breakfast if you get up and get going early enough... as someone else mentioned, they usually start serving breakfast around 6:30. Be sure to allow an extra 15 min or so for breakfast that morning, the breakfast venues are pretty busy since they usually stop serving breakfast at 8:30.

I would say it it a minumum of an hour to WDW from the port. It's about a 45 minute (and about a 45 mile) drive to the airport. WDW is about 20 miles past the airport. Even on a Sunday morning you can hit heavy traffic on I-4...

You could maybe push the limo time up to 9:00 with self-disembark, but I probably wouldn't have it there any earlier. I'm assuming they'd charge you if they had to wait...

Thanks...I was thinking about changing the Limo to 9:00 just wasn't sure if we had enough time...the LIMO company wanted to pick us up at 11:00 saying we wouldn't get of the ship before then...but we really prefer to be in WDW by 11:00 if possible. We were thinking about getting some pastries and fruit the night before and eating that for breakfast in our room.

Thanks...I was thinking about changing the Limo to 9:00 just wasn't sure if we had enough time...the LIMO company wanted to pick us up at 11:00 saying we wouldn't get of the ship before then...but we really prefer to be in WDW by 11:00 if possible. We were thinking about getting some pastries and fruit the night before and eating that for breakfast in our room.

We took a limo from Port Canaveral after our first cruise and I had the same experience... They insisted we wouldn't be off the ship until 10:30. Since it was our first cruise, I didn't know any better. We ended up waiting for about an hour.

I'd only do the 9:00 limo pick up if you do the self-disembark... Will you be able to handle all your luggage on your own?

If you have self disembarkation you could be off the ship by 7:45 am ... we were on the curb waiting for our ride at 7:40 am last time. And that was after I was hauled off to immigration (I'm a dual citizen - Canadian/American).

With self-disembarkation they usually start allowing you off at 7:30 am. Breakfast is served beginning at 6:30 am, so you will have plenty of time to get up, dress, have your last breakfast, then pick up your bags and head off. Please know that with self-disembarkation you will need to carry everything (and I mean CARRY - you have to be able to hold your luggage off the ground when you take the escalator at the Port, or wait in a big line for the elevator).

All of that is only if you are doing self-disembarkation. If you have your luggage picked up the night before and wait until your colour is called you could wait until 10 am. So either FIB and say that you have an early flight (like 11:30 am), or do self-disembarkation.

Disney is about 45-55 minutes from the Port. There will be little to no traffic on a Sunday morning. There could be delays if there are brush fires (it's very dry here right now), but let's all knock wood and pray for some rain for central Florida!

You will not take I-4 when you go to Disney from the Port, so don't worry about traffic. Your limo will take 528 (the Bee-line or Beach line) to 417 and just zip past everything at 70 mph/115 kph. Have you checked to see what time Disney opens that morning? We were at Epcot last week and it opened at 10.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Archived