FREEDOM ~ DI Balcony 7514 or 1692

We're just off FOS, and had a JS midships. While everyone says the ship is so large that movement is not an issue, we noticed more movement aft than any other place on the ship. You might want to consider that, especially since you'll be cruising in storm season.

Mike

Mike ~ Is it really likely to be stormy?

I do get sea sick although people keep telling me I won't on a ship this big!! :confused:

I am still worried about this...

Is mid-ship meant to be better than being at the front? This is our first cruise so forgive me for all the questions :o

8218 is an adjoining cabin. I would say "no" to that one. Though very slight odds they might bump you to a better cabin if someone comes along and wants adjoining. Doubtful though.

Midship is always better if you have motion issues. I don't and I still always go for midship. My last cruise on Mariner was smooth as glass the entire time. Most of the time, you couldn't tell you were moving!

Enjoy your cruise!

8218 is an adjoining cabin. I would say "no" to that one.

oh yes ~ didn't notice that :rolleyes:

Midship is always better if you have motion issues. I don't and I still always go for midship. My last cruise on Mariner was smooth as glass the entire time. Most of the time, you couldn't tell you were moving!

Enjoy your cruise!

I have large motion issues!!! DH was laughing telling our friends the other night that I would probably be flying back from our first Port of Call!!

That is why I opted for a balcony as I know if I can SEE the water I am usually ok!

I am worried now about the storms :rolleyes:

Is it really likely to be stormy?

It could be stormy any time of the year. I went in Feb. and it wasn't stormy but the waters near Miami were rocky (granted I was on one of the smaller ships, but I'm sure, even Freedom would feel some movement).

You can never tell what the weather or waves will be like. One day it could be perfect, the next could be a hurricane.

Don't be too concerned, since it's nothing you can avoid...however, get a room in the middle of the ship just to be safe--that's where you will notice less movement: Middle and lower decks.

OK ~ thanks!

Maybe Deck 10 and aft isn't the best place for me to be in stormy waters!!! :)

Probably not for your first cruise. Book in the middle for this one, then when on board, walk around the ship to get a feel for where the other rooms are. Then, for your next one you can be more adventurous. :)

If you get a room near the hump, you'll be near the elevators, which for me is a necessity. Not because I can't walk far, but because I am always running back and forth to my room through out the day, and having it closer to the stairs/elevator saves time!

Oh, be sure to call RCI or your travel agent--the rooms listed on the website are not all of the rooms available. They may be able to find one that would be more suitable than those few that display on the site.

Probably not for your first cruise. Book in the middle for this one, then when on board, walk around the ship to get a feel for where the other rooms are. Then, for your next one you can be more adventurous. :)

If you get a room near the hump, you'll be near the elevators, which for me is a necessity. Not because I can't walk far, but because I am always running back and forth to my room through out the day, and having it closer to the stairs/elevator saves time!

Oh, be sure to call RCI or your travel agent--the rooms listed on the website are not all of the rooms available. They may be able to find one that would be more suitable than those few that display on the site.

Being near elevators will probably be handy for the kids too :)

I just rang them and they are closed for the evening. The choices that I can find online are not good :(

A couple right at the front which may be better than right at the back :confused:

Thanks for your input :D

Being near elevators will probably be handy for the kids too :)

I just rang them and they are closed for the evening. The choices that I can find online are not good :(

Call Royal Carribean and book through them. Then, once it's booked, you can transfer it to your travel agent if you want. Be sure to have the deck plans available as they go over the rooms that are available. Be sure there are rooms above you and below you (so you don't find yourself below the pool or above the night club).

And unless you want a connecting room be sure to avoid them. Some people have said they didn't have problems with them, others have said that smoke and noise comes through the door. I'll find out for myself in Sept--my room is connecting because it was one of the last available in my category.

Call Royal Carribean and book through them. Then, once it's booked, you can transfer it to your travel agent if you want. Be sure to have the deck plans available as they go over the rooms that are available. Be sure there are rooms above you and below you (so you don't find yourself below the pool or above the night club).

And unless you want a connecting room be sure to avoid them. Some people have said they didn't have problems with them, others have said that smoke and noise comes through the door. I'll find out for myself in Sept--my room is connecting because it was one of the last available in my category.

Thank you SO much :D

I already booked with my TA though months ago :(

I am just stressing about my cabin:rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips on the connecting rooms though ~ that's helpful! My husband and I were in a hotel recently with our 2 kids and they told us they didn't have any adjoining rooms so we had 2 separate rooms with one child each when in the middle of the night a man came into his room from an adjoining room :mad: :mad: Imagine!!

Littlestars, these are all good pieices of advice. I would think that calling RCI direct would get you a better cabin choice. As others have said, the web site never shows all the cabins available, but just a sampling. When we were changing from a D1 to a Junior Suite, we were able to get the JS midships, even though there was nothing showing available on the web site.

As for the motion issue, I have it bad. Even in smooth waters, the swells have always bothered me. In the past, I have always worn a trans-derm scope patch behind my ear. With the patch, I never had a problem. This time, since I had always used Bonine when out on the Chesapeake Bay, I took both the Bonine and the patches with me. I used one Bonine tablet a day, and never had a problem. You'll be fine. It's a magnificent ship.

Mike

Thanks so much for your help and advice! I called them and the only D1 they have left available is 6664.

I didn't change to that b/c DH said he would like to be higher up the ship.

Would it be worth upgrading to a JS to see if we could get one more midship higher up or should I just be thankful we are on the ship and take a plentiful supply of Bonine :rolleyes:

Would it be worth upgrading to a JS to see if we could get one more midship higher up or should I just be thankful we are on the ship and take a plentiful supply of Bonine :rolleyes:

It's probably a steep jump in price but if you think you can afford it, it might be worth it.

However, don't give up hope yet. You've still got some time before your cruise. Wait until closer to the time final payment needs to be made. Some people will be cancelling their registrations, so if you check every day around that time, you may get lucky.

I just tried RC direct and got a completely different answer from them!!

They told me they have 9630 1230 7236 and 7234. BUT I forgot to tell her I was travelling with 2 kids. Are some D1 cabins smaller and can't take a family of 4? (small kids not grown ones ;) )

I was thinking 9630 looked pretty central on the ship...?

I just tried RC direct and got a completely different answer from them!!

They told me they have 9630 1230 7236 and 7234. BUT I forgot to tell her I was travelling with 2 kids. Are some D1 cabins smaller and can't take a family of 4? (small kids not grown ones ;) )

I was thinking 9630 looked pretty central on the ship...?

9630 is AWESOME but only sleeps 2. :(

(PS: all those cabins show up on RCI's website as available, so just keep checking those)

9630 is AWESOME but only sleeps 2. :(

(PS: all those cabins show up on RCI's website as available, so just keep checking those)

Sure thing ~ thanks so much! How do I find out how many they will sleep... :confused:

Oh ok ~ dumb question... I just do like I am actually booking it but put in the 4 people and see what comes up then ~ right ? :o

Oh ok ~ dumb question... I just do like I am actually booking it but put in the 4 people and see what comes up then ~ right ? :o

Yup, be sure to enter the number of people each time--it'll tell you the price and you'll be able to track whether it has gone up or down (assuming they aren't sold out). It will also list up to 5 (I think it's 5) of the available cabins for the number of people on the reservation.

Archived