"emergency" email to purser's office?

qwertyiop

Hi, I'm pretty sure that in the past, a person needing to contact someone on a Carnival cruise with an urgent message (but not so urgent as to use Ship to Shore) was able to send an email to the ship's purser's office. The office would then be able to deliver it to the stateroom.

I believe the email address was the ship's name, at carnival.com. So for example, carnivalmiracle@carnival.com

I called Carnival just now, and the call center guy said they *could* do this if Ship to Shore didn't go through....

If someone could please verify whether or not sending an email this way is still an option. Yes, I know I can go to the Internet Cafe or bring my laptop along, but I'm not planning on continuously checking my email on vacation. My grandma is sick, and I'm just looking to give my mom a quick way to alert me if her condition changes. Thanks, Laura

Hi, I'm pretty sure that in the past, a person needing to contact someone on a Carnival cruise with an urgent message (but not so urgent as to use Ship to Shore) was able to send an email to the ship's purser's office. The office would then be able to deliver it to the stateroom.

I believe the email address was the ship's name, at carnival.com. So for example, carnivalmiracle@carnival.com

I called Carnival just now, and the call center guy said they *could* do this if Ship to Shore didn't go through....

If someone could please verify whether or not sending an email this way is still an option. Yes, I know I can go to the Internet Cafe or bring my laptop along, but I'm not planning on continuously checking my email on vacation. My grandma is sick, and I'm just looking to give my mom a quick way to alert me if her condition changes. Thanks, Laura

Hi Laura, your family can contact American Red Cross and they can send the ship an AMCROSS message. Other then that they can reach you via Phone. The phone number is listed in the Docs.

Fred

The phone call is quickest and easiest and most dependable:

Can I receive phone calls onboard?spacer.gifFriends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

Archived