3 year old birthday onboard

casnew

Hi All,

My little guy just turned 2, and am contemplating a DCL Cruise sometime in the next year. Seems like there is a hard rule that they must be 3 and potty trained to use the Oceaneer Club. Am itching to go but seem like waiting would be worth it...any thoughts.

Also if I do wait, I recall that there was a 7 day that overlaps with his 3rd birthday (Think it was the 5th or 6th day of the trip). Anyone know how particular they are with the Oceaneer Club rule. I'd imagine that they would allow him in on the days prior (provided he's potty trained..<I hope>) Perhaps it is based on the age you register..???

Also how is the birthday experience on board ...any suggestions

Thanks!

Hi, the rule is within 30 days of the birthday and they can move up to the club, if potty trained. so as long as he is completely trained he will be able to enjoy the entire trip in the club when he wants with his birthday being during your cruise.

I think at 3 he will have a blast. Just prepare him for who the characters are so he wont be afraid to see them.

Be sure to tell DCL when you book that youa re celebrating his birthday on board and one evening they will bring him a cake and sing happy birthday to him.

At dinner the first night when you meet the head server be sure and remind him you are having a birthday celebration too. There are so many they can get mixed up.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived