Shotover Jet Boats in Acapulco.

Ski Racer

Just wondered if anyone has booked the jet boats on their own, not through a cruiseline. If so how did you get from the port to the jet boat area? We are going in Oct. 2007.

NCL Star Oct. 15, 2007

Carnival Paradise Sept. 10, 2007

NCL Star Oct. 2006

Princess Dawn May 2006

RCCL Monarch 2005

Princess 2001

RCCL 1998

RCCL 1992

• 2 weeks later...

We went on a jet boat 3 years ago in Acapulco, but I can't remember the name of the company. When you leave the cruise terminal and get through the gauntlet of vendors, turn right and go down the sidewalk a few blocks. They have a dock there, we didn't have reservations, just walked up and asked to get on a ride.

It was great! Lots of turning twisting, and high speed- we were soaked! It would be a good idea to have a change of clothes or plan to go back to the ship and change afterwards. We bought a CD of pictures, we used one for our Christmas card picture that year.

I'm at work now, when I get home I'll try to find some more info and maybe a few pictures.

We were on the Spirit in February and did the Shotover boats. What an awesome ride!! If you want to book it directly with Shotover, I think their website is Shotover.com. they only have one time around 1 or 2 in the afternoon that you can book directly with them. You have to take a taxi to their office. We booked ours through the ship because there were more times to pick from and didn't have to worry about how to get there.

If you do this trip the water is a little stinky because you go through mangroves and all the rotting roots and plants make the water brown and stinky. But it was really worth it, fast turns, 360 degree turns, plus you go back into the mangroves and hopefully see some wildlife.

Have fun! You can buy their CD with great pictures of you in the boat.

Archived