Galveston Road Closures

Gulf Freeway (I-45)

Total closure at NASA Parkway in both directions, and southbound ramp from Bay Area, from 9 tonight to noon Saturday and 9 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday.

Galveston Causeway closed Sunday from 8 to 9 a.m.

That is interesting information. Where did you come across it?

We are about 8 weeks out from Rhapsody with a family group. Been telling father in law that we would need to get some information about road closures as it is easier to stay at the hotel than sit on the highway and wait.

The good news, though is that it didn't appear as if the closures were overly lengthy.

We will be sailing out on the Rhapsody tomorrow!

Along the way, we will be coming right down I-45.

The TEXDOT website, also gives a telephone number to the TEXDOT "customer service" (for a lack of a better term) desk. The person there advised me that traffic on I-45 at Nasa One Road will be detoured to the frontage road. They insisted it was not like in the past where you were detoured to hwy 3 to hwy 518 and making a big square to get back to I-45.

They said you would be on the "feeder road".

After getting back home, I will certainly offer my trip report to include the detour and of course ship and cruise review.

JD

We had this when we sailed, several of us used 288 to 6 and found we liked this route. It takes about 15 minutes but since 45 is such a mess regardless it is nice. Lanes big and traffic flow good. Even the lights on 6 were not a big deal. I would definately use this route again if I need to get to Galveston.

Archived