How much is internet access on Golden Princess?

fishmaniac

The price is the same for your laptop or if you use the ships computer. You will not need anything else as long as your laptop is 802.11b/g compatible - which most are. If you are connecting to anything in public, it will work on the ship, "g" is the current "standard" but is backward compatible with "b".

Be aware that the speeds are painfully slow, about 2X dialup. At least with your own laptop you can read and compose e-mail off-line and only have to connect to xmit!!!

It's .75 per minute, with packages available that will save you a couple bucks. You can also alternate between your laptop and the desk tops they have in the computer room.

Sometimes I would take my laptop to the atrium, other times I would use their computers.

It's .75 per minute, with packages available that will save you a couple bucks. You can also alternate between your laptop and the desk tops they have in the computer room.

Sometimes I would take my laptop to the atrium, other times I would use their computers.

Didn't know you could share between your own lap top and the ship's computers - Thank you!

Also, how does it work with your own lap top? Do you have a user name/password or some type of code that must be entered to get to the Internet? Is this linked to your Cruise Card or OBA so you can switch back and forth between the ship's computers and your own lap top?

Didn't know you could share between your own lap top and the ship's computers - Thank you!

Also, how does it work with your own lap top? Do you have a user name/password or some type of code that must be entered to get to the Internet? Is this linked to your Cruise Card or OBA so you can switch back and forth between the ship's computers and your own lap top?

You get a user ID and you make up a password. On your laptop, when you look for a wireless network, the Princess one will show up, and you click on it, then it takes you to the log in page. You have to make sure you remember to log off, then it will tell you how many minutes you have left, if you buy a package like I did. (I understand that if you forget to log off, that it will sign you off automatically after 10 mins. of inactivity.) It also will give you the option to buy more minutes if you need to. I found the 1 hour package was plenty for checking email and checking into work.

Archived