How to do Vancouver fast?? With luggage??

Long story short: had hoped to spend a week in Vancouver either before or after our cruise, but we aren't able to do so.

Will be flying in early Saturday AM for a Sunday to Sunday cruise. Then, despite 7:30 arrivable back on pier on Sunday, flight booked for 7:30 PM. I did this on purposes--thought we could fit in some sightseeing before and after.

Not so sure now--what will we do all day with luggage in tow?

For before the cruise, I hope the hotel we pick (have not done so) will let us drop off our luggage hours before check-in--is this normally allowed?

Any thoughts on what can be done with luggage between the time we get off the cruise and the time we check-in for our flight home?

Any suggestions on what to do in Vancouver for this short period of time?

Thanks.

You probably won't get off this ship til 9:00 or so. You could check your luggage at the hotel that is right across the street from Canada Place (Pan Pacific??). We did that last year when we had 5 or 6 hours before we caught our bus home (to Seattle). We walked around to the Gaslight area and down Robson Street. Vancouver is a beautiful city - I know a local will write in to tell you what to do for a day.

You should have no problem with a luggage check in. On the day you arrive at any half decent hotel.

Disembark... The hotel mention for the post cruise luggage hold likely would be the Waterfront. I'd heck with them before I cruised. I know there are lockers in Canada Place an Ballantyne but I don't how big they are. Info is on the Ports Canada site.

A nice day in Vancouver is real simple.... walk & take public transport maybe to the north Shore and Grouse Mountain via Seabus just at the rear of Gas Town. Stanley park is also great/ fit in Granville Island if you have time. (taxi) Bus tours from front of Canada Place for an overview.

Know only about Canada Place. There is a baggage storage room in the main lobby almost immediately after you emerge from the customs next to the large info desk. Cost in May 2007 was $5 cdn per bag for the day. /Sultan

Know only about Canada Place. There is a baggage storage room in the main lobby almost immediately after you emerge from the customs next to the large info desk. Cost in May 2007 was $5 cdn per bag for the day. /Sultan

We used this service last year, it worked fine but they'll only keep your luggage until like 4PM...but since you'll have to get to the airport for an international departure, hopefully this won't be a huge problem.

There is a hop-on-hop-off bus you can take around the city, that would give you a good overview of the sights in town.

Archived