Atlantis check-in question?

mommyof4girls

We rented a room at Atlantis for the day in order to use the pools while we are in port for 24 hours. My question is will the hotel require us to show our citizenship documentation at check-in?

We are using original birth certificates (I have three different certified copies of documentation for me alone b/c I was adopted & married so my name changes 3 times since birth). We did not have passports b/c I was scared that we wouldn't get them in time for this last minute cruise.

If they require the originals at the hotel, then this makes me scared about losing them, having them stolen or damaged while off of the ship. I booked the hotel last week (we are leaving next week) and now I don't have enough time to get certified duplicates for DH and myself. I know I am a ding-bat sometimes! LOL! I do have many original birth certificates for my 4 DDs.

Should I worry? Or just play it by ear when we get there? Thanks.

Thanks! I don't see why they would care as long as you pay!

They do ask for ID's when you are claiming your 14 year old is under 12 .. just so you don't pay.

BUt you won't need a passport.. just BC or Drivers License.

You'd be surprised how many people claim their kids are underage to avoid the fees., Front desk is supposed to check all ID's. Not many do it. But it's policy.

My kids are young (4, 6, 8 & they said their can be 5 in a room if one is 4 or under) so it is obvious they are under 14. So you would advise me to bring our BCs off of the ship? This scares me b/c of loss, theft or water damage. I have paid up front. Do you think they will want to actually see the BCs? We are only there for the day and have told them that already.

Thanks!

My kids are young (4, 6, 8 & they said their can be 5 in a room if one is 4 or under) so it is obvious they are under 14. So you would advise me to bring our BCs off of the ship? This scares me b/c of loss, theft or water damage. I have paid up front. Do you think they will want to actually see the BCs? We are only there for the day and have told them that already.

Thanks!

I think if you make copies (and the names are all the same last name) they won't question it. Is the rule 4 and under or under 4, there's a difference? I haven't checked this recently, but you should be certain.

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I made the reservation I told them that she was 4 and they told me it was "4 and under". On our reservation it has 5 occupants listed. If they give me a hard time I will gladly pay for an extra kids day pass. Like I said earlier, we will only be there for a few hours and most likely won't even use the room.

We are all getting excited!

Archived